What's new

Gameshark in Mupen help

.JP

Hello.

The reason I created this thread here in the mupen64plus sub-forum is because I want to get gameshark in the ReRecording version of Mupen 0.5 for Windows and I need your help. I know it does NOT have a built-in gameshark/action-replay feature in it, so I thought of a few ways of acomplish my goal.

As far as I know, the simplest way to do this would be to actually hack the ROM (I don't have the needed knowledge to do so), so that the code would already be implemented when you first run the game. As I said before, this is not possible from me (although I would really appreciate anyone who could do this for me).

So then I thought about save states... since project64 save states are not compatible with mupen64 (which I need for frame advance/recording/etc.), I thought of mupen64plus, which I failed to run in Linux-Ubuntu (please discard that option). My idea was actually to load a game in mupen64plus, apply the gameshark code to it, make a save state (.st), then use that same save state with the mupen64 version I use for rerecord in Windows.

Before going any further, could anyone here tell me if it's actually possible (using a save state created with mupen64plus on mupen64 for Windows)? If so, could anyone here (having no problems at running mupen64plus on Linux) mind about helping me acomplish this?

On the contrary, could someone tell me any way possible to put gameshark into a game loaded in Mupen64 0.5 for windows?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Pyromanik

Savestates were changed in mupen64plus 1.5, so they're not directly compatible.
There is a conversion tool, but not entirely sure it'd work in this situation (as I'm not too sure how gameshark works at all).

Vanilla mupen64 0.5 does not have any cheat system implemented. Hacktraux was wanting to do this himself in some special manner... but has never got around to it thus far (increasingly more likely that he never will).

Not too sure of the cross compatibility of the savestates, as some variables have changed in mupen64plus... to allow for 64bit compatibility.
The easiest way would be to try and see... failing that you'd need to use an older version (1.4x)

At current someone has been working on PJ64 save state support. You could try that if you run into problems (using m64p as a conversion tool). You'll need to check that out from the SVN though as far as I know.

Getting 0.5 to install in linux is reasonably trivial. There is a ./configure option if you so desire, after that just type "make all" and wait.
Of course, you'll need to satisfy the dependancies first, such as SDL. Use your package manager to help you out here.
Besides this, without any further information on what your problem is, I'm afraid it's hard to help.

Last edited: