What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Majora's Mask Retexture Project

revenile

Most of you probably don't remember me, about 2 years ago or so I started a retexture project for Majora's Mask, due to the lack of talent (most of those who showed promise vanished and those who had the talent were on other projects) the project faded and died. After reading a fascinating article I've decided to restart the project. The project aims at giving Majora's Mask higher resolution, higher detailed textures, but keeping the premise of the visual look the same. Not a cell shaded pack or one that replaces the textures with different looks, just one that makes the textures look clearer and more detailed. I have the game textures devided as such for groups.

Link (and transformations)

Hud/menus/interface

Clock Town

NPCs

Woodfall Swamp/Woodfall Temple

Deku Palace (and Dekus/monkeys)

Snowhead/Snowhead Temple

Goron shrine (and gorons)

Great Bay

Zora Hall (and Zoras)

Great bay's temple

Ikana Valley/the fallen kingdom there & Stone Towers/Temple: Xenobond

Termina Field/Romani Ranch

The Moon (outter, inner, and final battleground with majora, including the mask itself)

Before being added to the project (because I want this one to succeed, I need some samples of the work you have done in the past. This game has never gotten a finished texture pack, and I want this to be the first.

Edit one: Xenobond is now on the project for Ikana Valley and Stone Tower.

Last edited:

MuhMuh

German EmuTalk Cow
:bouncy:
I'm happy someone picks this up. I had a lot of fun retexturing the game, but it was too much for me and my skills didn't quite match the project.
But if you want to, you can download all the textures I could find(I lost some, but I made a backup) and use all you want. Credits go to MDTA for great HUDs and some other textures, mayang 3d textures(http://mayang.com/textures/), lemog free textures (http://www.lemog.fr/lemog_textures/), google image search, my photo camera and Photoshop. xD
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?znnontdinmn
Looking back, some of them are crap, but maybe you can use the HUD or some swamp textures.

If you want to see some screenshots first, head to my old thread
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=27485&page=25

Last edited:
OP
R

revenile

I'm probably going to be starting from scratch, not because previous texture packs are bad, but because I want to keep things looking about the same quality in the textures, but I will take a look at your stuff there MuhMuh, and see if I can use any of it for a starting point. I also will be putting it on record that the larger sections listed above will have up to 3 people on one part, to relieve stress on the others, and keep things moving (UP TO 3). Also, once the project actually gets going, I'll probably create a forum hidden from the public for the team so that we can keep clean communication open. (And post progress here of course)

EDIT: oh yes, the rom I have is a (U) rom, so english is the base of this project, though I can see doing multi language addon packs in the future.

gitech

N64 Artist
I have done the opening scene and the mask for MM.

You can have my textures! :)

I want to do a couple more then I will upload it.

What plugin will be the base plugin for this project? I have done mine in RV format.

Here is my video on how I did the Mask: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GZWKYBGC

Turn up your sound ;) ...it's quiet in the beginning

Here are some pics:

29uofu1.jpg

s6m490.jpg

kdmucn.jpg

2yyct2g.jpg

22nlso.jpg

2a4qzhk.jpg

2n16ioh.jpg

Last edited:

Keits

visit n64Redux.com!
Wow nice gitech! I've seen the mask vid tutorial, I liked it and I want to see more of your OoT/MM video tutorials.

OP
R

revenile

The forest stuff looks great, the mask is greatly detailed, but looks too weathered for a highly powerful evil mask, but your work is nice.

gitech

N64 Artist
Thanks guys!

MM can be a PITA because of the overlay textures... know what I'm talking about???

Man, can you believe how few people have even looked at this thread so far?!

If you are reading this then cool! You are at least clicking on threads to check them out.

Please consider leaving a POST! ;) :D

Later,
Jay

microdev

Man, can you believe how few people have even looked at this thread so far?!

Far more than you think - the clickcount isn't working right anymore. It just increases if someone posts. The forum seems to fall more and more appart...

But great pictures as always!!

OP
R

revenile

heh, I'm not too worried about the community here, the less drama the better the project will go. Xenobond is on the team as posted, and he has the style I visioned for the game (at least with the Stone towers, as that was the part I wanted to remain as close to the original, just clearer, and more detailed) because it's an homage to the game, which actually has some interesting clues about termina's past in it. I'm going to be making a forum for the project's team to communicate on a different site, but updates will be made here :p, so go ahead and go to other places on the net where this kind of stuff is done, and bring 'em here, this game deserves the upgrade.

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/articles/the-legend/the-message-of-majoras-mask/

That's the article that resparked my wanting to do this project, it's an interesting read with screenshots to back up the writer's thoeries.

Last edited:

Keits

visit n64Redux.com!
Wow nice site Revenile, I'm gonna read it now. :) Perhaps I could get some inspiration, and maybe help with a project.

ctatumt

I'm super stoked for this one! I love Xenobond's style as well as yours, revenile, and I am sure this will be legendary! Do you guys have any screens of your progress so far or are you still getting stuff and people together?

OP
R

revenile

We just started about... 3 days ago, we have 2 people tops (for the most part I'm staying out of the texturing portion, and managing the project, though I might play around with a few textures) so yeah there are plenty of spots open still.

gitech

N64 Artist
Great!

So, is my style good for the project?

Would you like my textures for the opening as a contribution?

Jay

OP
R

revenile

Sure, upload em and send me the pack link, and I'll go through what you have and choose what works. On a side note I made two logos, hell posters for the project, and I thought I'd let the community vote on which one to use.
MMRT1.jpg
the first

MMRT2.jpg
the second

Keep in mind I'm no artist.

gitech

N64 Artist
I vote for the first one.

Did you draw those??

Well, I will upload it as is then, let you pic through it, send a pack back to me of what you will keep so I can get an idea of what you are looking for, then we'll go from there...

TTYL,
Jay

OP
R

revenile

Nah, it's just promotional art (background and mask) with the zelda font to make the title, nothing big.