What's new

No$Gba -> saving impossible?

Cortex88

It has been a few weeks now I'm trying out No$GBA for emulating NDS roms. I've figured out that you have to select the right backup media type to PLAY the games, but there's another major problem for me: saving. At no time, the save/load snapshot works, so that's not an option. The painful part is that for almost all ROMs, the INGAME SAVING won't work either. In some cases it crashes, but most of the times it just 'saves' but you find out later that there is no save file whatsoever to recall upon. It hasn't saved.. I've tried all combinations of settings, but the behavior is always the same.

Am I missing an important step to make the roms actually save? Or can I fix the snapshot save/load option. Either way, there's no fun in playing a ROM in No$GBA when you can't save. Yes, I give credit for the emulation speed, but I find myself now playing all NDS roms on Ideas - with somewhat lower speed - but with near-perfect saving options!

What can I do?

edit: Im using the latest free version of No$GBA at the time of typing.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
What version are you using? Yes, you need to select the correct savetype for the game you are playing, for there to be even a snowball's chance for the emulator to save in-game.

Now, if the emulator seems to save properly, yet no save exist when you restart the game, you need to first check if there even is a save file in the battery folder. If not, then Windows treats that folder as read-only.

Saving snapshot does work, but loading a snapshot is, well, a shot in the dark, and mostly doesn't seem to work (haven't tested this in 2.6a, perhaps it's better now, who knows). No, there is no way to fix it yourself.
As a final note, No$Gba 2.6a supports automatic savetype detection.

EDIT: I suppose you're using 2.6 then.