What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Super Mario Immersion - My SM64 Pack

Raster

Super Mario Immersion - A SM64 Project

Yeah I know what you guy's are going to say, there's a million of these things on here already. This happens to be my first 64 retexture ever, so I decided to do something simple. :D

I'm trying to go for a photorealistic style, most of the textures have been ripped straight from photgraphs and modified to be tileable and to match the overall atmosphere I am trying to achieve. It is a WIP, some parts are still not textured. Later I would LOVE to modify the skyboxes so that they are photrealistic as well.

I tried to shy away from the bump mapping effects as much as possible, as bump mapping generally makes things feel artificial and plastic to me.

Anyway, here are a few screenies, they are a day old so some things have changed a bit already: :)

Most of the work is mine, recently I have added portions of the following packs to this one:
stev418's Mario 64 Fonts and Clouds (and a couple of the Icons)
Rices Hq4x Font

Credit goes to these people for their wonderful work. If any of the authors wish me to remove their work from the pack, I will respectfully do so.

The pack is currently uploading as I type this and I will post a link upon completion.

Future releases will consist of additional texture supplements and I plan on also keeping a continuasly updated pack for seperate download as well.

Anyway, feel free to check this out!
http://rapidshare.com/files/190895250/SUPER_MARIO_IMMERSION.rar.html

Last edited by a moderator:

mode7

Good work, faithful retexture especially screen 1 and 2 are outstanding. Some textures don't tile up that good at bob ombs hill but thats ok.
How long have you been working on this?

Well, you are right, SM64 has been tried a lot, because it's quite easy to do - technicaly. Why not join the OoT retexture, ;). Matches up better with photo realistic textures too.

OP
R

Raster

WoW! First, I'm a HUGE fan of your work Mode7. I've been watching the OoT thread for awhile now. Amazing work on the skymap retexture BTW. So anything you have to say goes a long way with me. lol Anyway, I'd love to help out with the OoT project sometime. And thanks for your comment. ;) I've been working on this for around a day and a half now I believe ...

cerebus5

Looks very good...perhaps you should spend a bit more time on the textures though, just an opinion. They look a bit rushed.

Yogi

Can you share it thro other file sharing sites?

I have been trying for the past hour on rapidshare, they can never be downloaded. :(