What's new

Graphics problem(frame skipping?)

straight6

Hi, im new at the whole emulation thing...I downloaded project64 v1.6, and several ROMS. All have worked perfectly except for one: Star wars:shadows of the empire...i dont know the correct terminology for the problem, the screen is flickering, every time it does its usually flashing one of the background colours, as if its dropping the rest of the image except for that one colour...i am using the standard Jabo Direct3D8 1.6 that comes with the program...any ideas what the issue may be? it has the same problem with every ROM of the game ive tried...my computer is getting old, its an AMD Athlon 2100+ with an NVIDEA GeForce 4 MX440 video card...any suggestions would be appreciated ^^

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Try Jabo's Direct3D6 plugin, as it will *hopefully* work better with that MX440 of yours. Probably wouldn't hurt to update your graphics card drivers too if you haven't done so. Still IIRC, Shadows of the Empire has some issues that can't be fixed merely by changing the graphics plugin. I could be wrong though.