What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Perfect Dark HD

enigs

After some tooling around, I've figured out how to dump, modify, and re-apply textures from N64. So, this means I can officially embark on ...

Perfect Dark HD.

Here's the situation as I see it. I can go through and play through every level, dump every texture, organize them into folders, etc, and THEN go about modifying them all ... or I can find some assistance regarding dumping textures and organizing them in a fashion that's relatively easy to understand and edit in a time-friendly fashion.

This is not a demand by any means, merely a request. After all, I want to see this completed as much as you, and this project will mostly be a labor of love between the film work I do and everything else life throws my way, so if I have to do everything myself it will take a while.

Just to show I'm capable of doing the job, here's the first successful test I managed to pull off:

Before:
perfectdark0mr4.png

After:
perfectdark1li8.png

I hope no one interprets any of the above as a demand, I'm simply sending the word out to what I know to be an incredibly talented group of people to assist me in bringing a game we all love up to modern graphical specifications.

-Dylan

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
E

enigs

Thanks guys! Over at Rare Witch I mostly got criticized for use of "HD" and that my first test looked like crap, so it's good to get some encouragement.

OP
E

enigs

its hard to make a hd texture :)

Haha, yeah, so not HD per se, but you know, replacing 32x32 with 128x128 or 256x256 ... I have all the know how to do it graphically, it's just dumping textures and organizing them which is the daunting part.

Mollymutt

It would be almost impossible to work with if you dump all of the textures at one time, and try to sort them out. Go a little at a time, and you won't get lost as easily. Good luck, these things take a long time to do.

OP
E

enigs

It would be almost impossible to work with if you dump all of the textures at one time, and try to sort them out. Go a little at a time, and you won't get lost as easily. Good luck, these things take a long time to do.

Haha, yeah, I was hoping perhaps somebody had them already pre-sorted or at least somewhat, but you can't win them all.

Either way it's something I'm going to do and I'll update this thread constantly with results. Thanks your help, everyone.

Sparx

You're off to a good start. Also, could you post future screenshots at a higher resolution? 800x600 doesn't really how off the high-res.