What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

pokemon stadium 2

steftheserb

hiyas

im new emutalk but i recently started to retexture pokemon stadium 2.
i was wondering if anyone would like to help out as this is my first re-texture project but i am ok at using photoshop so im not absolutly crap lol.

i have only done a few textures so far, so i cannot call it a texture pack yet.
i hope to get as close to finnishing retexturing the game as possible

ps. i have tried using hires easer to redo the picture behind to logo but there are so many different textures that i noticed there are 20+ textures in a row 0.o

pps. i have both rice video and jabo's plugin 1.7 so no matter which one you have you can stilll help

microdev

ps. i have tried using hires easer to redo the picture behind to logo but there are so many different textures that i noticed there are 20+ textures in a row 0.o

So does this state any problems for you in using HiResEaser? Normally it should handle it w/o problems.

The use of hre should be straight forward & is explained in the release thread.
If there are still any open questions, just ask.

Last edited:
OP
S

steftheserb

screenshots at all possible?

not really as i haven't done many textures but i am starting with the h.u.d

@microdev: i wrote down the numbers but when i started up HiResEaser it showed me a massive picture made up of the textures used for the eyes of the pokemon and not the picture used as the background behind the logo

microdev

Hmm, strange. How did you proceed? For assembling the logo select option 2.
  1. You select as type background/logo
  2. Than you have to state of how many tiles per row it consists (field tiles per row)
  3. In the field tile order you insert the ids of your tile line by line starting in the upper left corner. You should have noted the tile ids before after marking the tiles with option 1 and starting up your Pokemon game. The list have to be comma separated. Linebreaks are possible.
  4. A click on run should now assemble your logo and create an additional layer into which you can paint your hires image.
  5. Afterwards you can tile and export the hires image with option 3.

If some parts of that are not working for your, send me
  1. The original textures(upload them to megaupload),
  2. the mapping file (TextureMarks.txt) that you will find in the textures folder after marking and
  3. the order of the tiles (which you inserted under 3).

cheers,

microdev

OP
S

steftheserb

ive tried using textures dumped using jabo's plugin and it worked. the problem is that the logo isn't made of textures so i cannot see the numbers behind the damn logo. als there is a strip going down the picture with tiny textures and i cant see the number at all. here is a screenshot if you can find what the numbers are then i will give you positive rep
problem.png

microdev

ive tried using textures dumped using jabo's plugin and it worked. the problem is that the logo isn't made of textures so i cannot see the numbers behind the damn logo. als there is a strip going down the picture with tiny textures and i cant see the number at all. here is a screenshot if you can find what the numbers are then i will give you positive rep
The tiny numbers are the tiles of the logo. It consists of tiny stripes. Try to redo the marking of the textures but set the resize factor to 8x.

OP
S

steftheserb

thank you i will try again with your settings and i hope it fixes the problem

edit:ive just tried and it made matters worse 0.o

i dont know wether i should leave the title screen and move on to h.u.d

any ideas?

Last edited:

microdev

ive just tried and it made matters worse 0.o

i dont know wether i should leave the title screen and move on to h.u.d

any ideas?

Please zip your dumped textures of the title screen (the unmarked ones) and upload them to megaupload (find the link in my post above). I will have a look and see what I can do for you.

I just read that you were talking about the picture behind the logo and not of the logo. To get hold of the id's behind the logo, you have to replace the tiles of the logo by transparent ones. That way the logo "disappears" & you can read the id's of the tiles behind it. But send me you dumped tiles nevertheless.

Last edited:
OP
S

steftheserb

ok i will upload the dumped textures later

i was worndering if anyone has any ideas of what i can do to the title screen and logo?

OP
S

steftheserb

ive made quite a bit of progress over the past few days! i also found out the grass texture was just solid green lol and same for sand and dirt. here is a screenshot of the new h.u.d in action but i also asked bad randolph to have a go at the h.u.d to see if his fits better

PokemonStadium2Usnap0012.jpg

Last edited:
OP
S

steftheserb

recentley i have been ill so i had a few days off school. during this period of time i have nearly redone the hud and started to do the text. here is a quick picture i made showing the original hud and the new one i hope you like it. earlier i mentioned that bad randolph had agreed to make a few textures for the hud and they were great but i decided to use some of his and some of my textures in the hud so thanks to him

here is the pic
hireshud.png

the bottom ones are the originals taken using jabo's 1.5(thats why the black areas are there)and as you can tell ive nearly finished retexturing this arena.

any suggestions on improving this

OP
S

steftheserb

i cant do much in the way of pokemon them selves apart from the eyes but as for trainers they dont actually apear in the game but i might redo the trainer icons

OP
S

steftheserb

they are already 3d!!!!!!!!! that was the whole point of the game. you could import your pokemon from your gameboy and battle them i full 3d