What's new

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Graphical Issue

fjrsm

Hello, everyone. It's been a while since I've posted here...

I have a small problem. It's relative to Ocarina of Time.

On several places (if not all) small floor, ground, dirt, pieces start to fade away as I get near them... I'm using Jabo's 3D8 1.6 Graphic Plugin.

And I couldn't let you walk out of here without a screenshot, now could I?
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb161/fjrsm/OcarinaofTime-GraphicalIssue.png
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb161/fjrsm/OoT.png
As you can see, the background piece in the Bottom Left Corner of the game is fading out...
I'm referring to these kinds of background pieces. Pieces of dirt and things like that.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance

Filipe Monteiro

Last edited:
OP
F

fjrsm

Windows Vista Home Premium, Service Pack 1.

Processor: Intel Core Duo CPU t2700 @2.33GHz 2.33GHz
Type of System: OS of 32 Bits

And I don't know where to see the Graphics Card in Vista... sorry

!REVENGE!

It looks more like a moire defect than a "fading issue" to me. Make sure you set your emulator's resolution to your monitor's native resolution. E.g. if your monitor is at 1440x1080, set the fullscreen resolution to that.

!REVENGE!

Do what I told you first, if it doesnt solve the problem, try another plugin. But it would be helpful if you listed your Graphics card, just go to Video settings and it should display the name of your card on the top.

Vboy

EmuCrazy
Use Jabo's plugin, vistas usually have good enough cards to support them.

To see your card - Right click the desktop, click personalize, click display settings, there you go.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
run the game in 32bpp instead of 16bpp.
Disable Vista Aero/Standard as they use D3D and may interfere
Try the D3D6 plugin.

OP
F

fjrsm

Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family. Is this the graphics card?

How do I run the game in 32bpp?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
With that plugin, the textures in question don't even appear.
Then you are very likely stuck with what you get. Intel's integrated chips are probably the worst when it comes to emulation of 3D hardware, and only Jabo's Direct3D6 plugin seems to work without major issues with Intel's chips (this, it seems, isn't applicable in your case).

OP
F

fjrsm

I tried to play it on my Desktop (yeah, the previous case was on a Laptop) and it works fine with Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6.
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200.

In my Laptop, I use 3D8, the textures fade out. If I use 3D6, they don't appear whatsoever.

Last edited:

X-Fi6

To change the computer to "32bpp" (which means "bits per pixel", as in color bits, as in color depth; 32-bit color), right-click the desktop, choose Personalize, choose Display Settings, and set the Colors display mode to "Highest (32-bit)".

To disable Aero, well there's two things you can do. To disable it entirely, right-click desktop & choose Personalize, choose Window Color and Appearance, click "Open classic appearance properties for more color options", and choose either Windows Vista Basic, Windows Standard, or Windows Classic, which ever one you prefer.

To just disable the alpha transparency and Gaussian blurring effects of Windows Aero (which I think would be the better option in your case), right click desktop & choose Personalize, choose Window Color and Appearance, and uncheck Enable Transparency, and then click OK.

Another thing that you very much should do is update your drivers and such.

Click Start, right-click Computer (at the right of the Start Menu), and choose Properties. In the window that comes up, somewhere in the middle of the window, it should say "System type: XX-bit Operating System". Most likely it will say "32-bit" operating system, but it might be 64-bit.

When you know if your OS is 32-bit or 64-bit, then you can go ahead and close that window, and then head over to:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product_Filter.aspx?ProductID=2301

Choose your operating system from the list, and click "Go!". On the next page, download the first link: Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Windows Vista blah blah 32/64 (exe) . Make sure you download the one that says (exe). Then close everything you have open and save and stuff, and run the exe and the installation, and when it's done, it should make you restart your computer, so when it does, you'll have better drivers which *should* mean better performance in everything (involving graphics). ;)

As for your desktop, do everything that I said above, except that when it comes to the driver updating, get your drivers from here:
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Last edited:
OP
F

fjrsm

Wow... you gave me a ton of info.. thank you!

I am sorry to say that the little setup that I downloaded didn't work... it claimed that the controller being installed wasn't validated for the computer (I'm on the Vista Laptop)...