What's new

Problems loading metroid prime hunters on no$gba

Emulatornoob999

I am trying to load Metroid Prime Hunters on no$gba, and I've gotten to the point where you choose a save file to start in. The bad thing is that it's all in Japanese. Once I click on the empty save file, this black box comes up in the center of the lower screen with some yellow Japanese writing on it. I tried every configured control, including the mouse, but I can't get past this, and I can't go back(it appears to be freezed up).
Any help would be nice. Thanks in advance.

synch

If you'd own a DS, you'd know how to continue. Or if you had actually purchased the game and not warezed it... Already told you on another forum the same.

OP
E

Emulatornoob999

If you'd own a DS, you'd know how to continue. Or if you had actually purchased the game and not warezed it... Already told you on another forum the same.
The rom, I got leagilly. In fact, I'm going to email the nintendo website and see what they have to say about emulation. I know alot about piracy, and I know that many people do not know much about piracy, (I'm not saying who's right or wrong) so I'm going to ask the experts. I know it may seem foolish to say this, but I have a strong feeling no one actually saw this law written out.
About the fact that many people out there know little to nothing about piracy, believing this law without seeing any official writing of it is just the same as believing that you can not buy a DVD to play on your computer if you don't have a DVD player. It's also the same as using a Windows emulator on a mac, then buying a copy of windows vista to use on it, without owning a pc. Also, Windows operating systems can run on a mac now... so, you can purchase a copy of the latest windows operating system and run it on your mac without, in fact, owning a pc(or, in other words, a windows console).

Before you deny helping me with this, show me where that law is typed out. Go on, show me. Find the laws about piracy, and point out where it says that it's illeagil to own the software and use it without owning the original method of using that software.

Just stating a few facts. Once you own a piece of software,(i.e., a nintendo ds game) you are free to do whatever you want with it, as long as it is for your personal entertainment and if you are not redistributing it/selling it. That's one thing it seems that people do not realize. I know you may want to report me or delete this thread, but think about that before you do it. I'm doing nothing more but stating the truth. Actually, if anyone here is to be acused of starting trouble, it would be synch. I know that this forum does not support any illeagil use of emulators/roms, but I came here to ask a question about the metroid prime hunters game. He/she's the only one who brought up the subject of warez. Synch could have been helpful, or atleast not replied to my thread, but he/she decided that it would be a heroic, Paul Revere-ish act, to make the entire forum aware of the fact that "hey, I know this guy, and he doesn't have a NDS! Don't help him! He's a pirate!!!".

Emulatornoob999

Last edited:

synch

The rom, I got leagilly. In fact, I'm going to email the nintendo website and see what they have to say about emulation. I know alot about piracy, and I know that many people do not know much about piracy, (I'm not saying who's right or wrong) so I'm going to ask the experts. I know it may seem foolish to say this, but I have a strong feeling no one actually saw this law written out.
About the fact that many people out there know little to nothing about piracy, believing this law without seeing any official writing of it is just the same as believing that you can not buy a DVD to play on your computer if you don't have a DVD player. It's also the same as using a Windows emulator on a mac, then buying a copy of windows vista to use on it, without owning a pc. Also, Windows operating systems can run on a mac now... so, you can purchase a copy of the latest windows operating system and run it on your mac without, in fact, owning a pc(or, in other words, a windows console).

Before you deny helping me with this, show me where that law is typed out. Go on, show me. Find the laws about piracy, and point out where it says that it's illeagil to own the software and use it without owning the original method of using that software.

Just stating a few facts. Once you own a piece of software,(i.e., a nintendo ds game) you are free to do whatever you want with it, as long as it is for your personal entertainment and if you are not redistributing it/selling it. That's one thing it seems that people do not realize. I know you may want to report me or delete this thread, but think about that before you do it. I'm doing nothing more but stating the truth.

Emulatornoob999

Well, because you don't know what you obtain by a license applicable on most of the countries.

First, you can read about licenses here. What you've to read and understand, is that owning a copy of a single game, due to the license, doesn't grant you the right to use all copies of that particular game. Or to be said in a more understandable way, if you buy a single cart, you don't have rights over all the carts containing the same game/software.

And how does owning a DS enter in this problem? Well, as you don't own all copies of the same game/software you bought, you have to dump your legally bought game using some sort of hardware. For DS dumps, I know the easiest way is using a DS and a SLOT2 flashcart, iirc. If you don't own a DS, you can't dump your own game, thus you need to download a copy of ANOTHER (yes, this is the important fact) cartridge, from what you posses no legal rights to use, thus you're using and illegal copy.

And asking Nintendo about emulation is plain stupid, they've a bunch of lies on their web page about emulation that do not relate in any way to the law reality on all the countries I know of, thus being legally void.

So now you've facts based on license law, not like your bunch of assumptions without any base... At least I had a good laugh reading it.

Last edited:
OP
E

Emulatornoob999

Well, because you don't know what you obtain by a license applicable on most of the countries.

First, you can read about licenses here. What you've to read and understand, is that owning a copy of a single game, due to the license, doesn't grant you the right to use all copies of that particular game. Or to be said in a more understandable way, if you buy a single cart, you don't have rights over all the carts containing the same game/software.

And how does owning a DS enter in this problem? Well, as you don't own all copies of the same game/software you bought, you have to dump your legally bought game using some sort of hardware. For DS dumps, I know the easiest way is using a DS and a SLOT2 flashcart, iirc. If you don't own a DS, you can't dump your own game, thus you need to download a copy of ANOTHER (yes, this is the important fact) cartridge, from what you posses no legal rights to use, thus you're using and illegal copy.

And asking Nintendo about emulation is plain stupid, they've a bunch of lies on their web page about emulation that do not relate in any way to the law reality on all the countries I know of, thus being legally void.

So now you've facts based on license law, not like your bunch of assumptions without any base... At least I had a good laugh reading it.
No one said I didn't dump my own cart. You could have stayed quiet, but no.. you had to save everyone from the pirate! You know this guy, and he doesn't have a DS! Oh know! I'll save everyone!.... You're the one who started trouble here. Now, I can't expect to get any help with emulation online. You know, synch, some times you don't have to ruin the way people look at others. Had you just stayed away from my thread, no one here would be supporting someone who doesn't own a DS but is using an emulator. They'd just be helping a friend out with their game. I think I'll just leave this site, since I have no friends in the emulation hobby, and since someone should have stayed out of someone else's buisness but did not. Actually, I think I'm going to use my other computer, and make a totally different email address, and make another account on this forum, since my original account is messed up now.

And as for the cart example, I'm buying a piece of software and using it on my computer. No way do I think I'm entitled to another cart. Entitling myself to another cart would mean downloading the game illeagilly, or selling/redistributing the ROM file.

And guess what... The nintendo people MADE the nintendo DS, in case you haven't noticed.

Last edited:

synch

No one said I didn't dump my own cart. You could have stayed quiet, but no.. you had to save everyone from the pirate! You know this guy, and he doesn't have a DS! Oh know! I'll save everyone!.... You're the one who started trouble here. Now, I can't expect to get any help with emulation online. You know, synch, some times you don't have to ruin the way people look at others. Had you just stayed away from my thread, no one here would be supporting someone who doesn't own a DS but is using an emulator. They'd just be helping a friend out with their game. I think I'll just leave this site, since I have no friends in the emulation hobby, and since someone should have stayed out of someone else's buisness but did not. Actually, I think I'm going to use my other computer, and make a totally different email address, and make another account on this forum, since my original account is messed up now.

And as for the cart example, I'm buying a piece of software and using it on my computer. No way do I think I'm entitled to another cart. Entitling myself to another cart would mean downloading the game illeagilly, or selling/redistributing the ROM file.

And guess what... The nintendo people MADE the nintendo DS, in case you haven't noticed.

I know Nintendo made the DS, but giving licenses to their uses, and by not using any official documentation, people can develop free sdks for it, or emulators. It's perfectly legal, you can check precedence in the Sony - Connectix lawsuit. So stop trying to make stuff up, you're just making fun of yourself.

About the rest, as long as you're using a pirated game, and it's as clear as you stated on your posts here and on emuforums, I'll point you with a stick. I work as a software developer, and have tons of friends also living from it, it's not like I'm going to stare blindly at people pirating software I (or friends) have worked for.

OP
E

Emulatornoob999

So... before I make that new account, I'll just see if anyone here still trusts me...since I wasn't the one who started trouble on the forums.
So...... I've tried every key, and clicked every where. I have no idea whatsoever how to get past the japenese writing in the box. I am pretty sure some of you here have played metroid prime hunters on no$gba... how do you get past this part? Remember, I've tried every key.
Thanks in advance. That is, if I get any replies.

Synch... Remember, I've tried every key. Obvioiusly, on the real nintendo ds, atleast one button gets you past this. Now who's pointing who with a stick? And no, don't just hide your face and pretend that you don't catch on very well.

Last edited:

synch

So... before I make that new account, I'll just see if anyone here still trusts me...since I wasn't the one who started trouble on the forums.
So...... I've tried every key, and clicked every where. I have no idea whatsoever how to get past the japenese writing in the box. I am pretty sure some of you here have played metroid prime hunters on no$gba... how do you get past this part? Remember, I've tried every key.
Thanks in advance. That is, if I get any replies.

Synch... Remember, I've tried every key. Obvioiusly, on the real nintendo ds, atleast one button gets you past this. Now who's pointing who with a stick? And no, don't just hide your face and pretend that you don't catch on very well.

If you're found using multiple accounts, you'll banned, you know that, don't you?

EDIT: I'm not helping you, pirate.

Last edited:
OP
E

Emulatornoob999

If you're found using multiple accounts, you'll banned, you know that, don't you?

EDIT: I'm not helping you, pirate.

Not if I use a different computer with a different IP address.

You know what, synch? you're the only one who brought this up!!!I still say I'm not taking part in any piracy. And, Emuforums has no connection whatsoever to emutalk!!! So technically, I'm still entitled to help on the forums. :bouncy:

Last edited:

synch

Not if I use a different computer with a different IP address.

You know what, synch? you're the only one who brought this up!!!I still say I'm not taking part in any piracy. And, Emuforums has no connection whatsoever to emutalk!!! So technically, I'm still entitled to help on the forums. :bouncy:

People can read, and easily see the connections, they'll do whatever they think is correct. It's quite clear what you're, what you're doing and pretending. Of course everyone is free to do so as long as moderation doesn't get involved...

OP
E

Emulatornoob999

People can read, and easily see the connections, they'll do whatever they think is correct. It's quite clear what you're, what you're doing and pretending. Of course everyone is free to do so as long as moderation doesn't get involved...
You may know me from somewhere outside of EmuTalk, but that does not, in fact, give you the right to screw up my account. Like I said, I GOT THE ROM LEAGILLY, but I just don't happen to own a DS. I'm not breaking the law, as you know nothing about piracy. Piracy = downloading the ROM for free, which I did not do. PIRACY DOES NOT, IN FACT, MEAN USING A DIFFERENT WAY TO USE THAT LEAGILLY BOUGHT SOFTWARE.
There. I said it. I will leave now. I apologize to everyone on Emutalk, I wish we could have met. This sounds like a nice community forum, and it's ashame I never got the chance to communicate with anyone new. Again, I am really sorry. I just wanted help with my game, and then I could have left if I am this hated by one of your members for something that occured on a different site with a different forum.

synch

You may know me from somewhere outside of EmuTalk, but that does not, in fact, give you the right to screw up my account. Like I said, I GOT THE ROM LEAGILLY, but I just don't happen to own a DS. I'm not breaking the law, as you know nothing about piracy. Piracy = downloading the ROM for free, which I did not do. PIRACY DOES NOT, IN FACT, MEAN USING A DIFFERENT WAY TO USE THAT LEAGILLY BOUGHT SOFTWARE.
(...)

Could you describe that magical process you used? And I've already explained you how well I know piracy and copyright related laws and the past posts, so stop saying nonsenses.