What's new

Problems with Mario64

bakwoods

Hmm I wish someone could explain to me how to fix my problem. I try to load Mario 64 and instead part of the graphics are missing. Like the outline of 64 pops up missing lines an the rest of the screen is black. The audio is fine but then Mario's head pops forward spins around a bit but the background is all black and after I load the game the entire Mupen64 emulator freezes up and I can't close it so I've got to run Task Manager and shut it down manually like that.

So if anyone can help I would appreciate it. I recently upgraded to Vista Black Edition thinking that it would solve the graphics problems, nope same thing. Before I was running XP with the same results. Anyone help? PM is welcome.

OP
B

bakwoods

Version 0.5.1

Specs:
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3400+ 2.39 GHz
Sound: Realtek AC'97 Audio
Display Adaptors (whatever that means): RADEON XPRESS 200 Series

I'm not sure what you guys need in the way of specs for my computer but let me know. I've got my device manager up.

Where do I post up my questions then? All I saw were 4 sticky'd threads and one of which was locked up. So where are the remaining threads?

Slougi

Version 0.5.1
You are probably using the old mupen64 release, not mupen64plus. There has been one win32 mupen64plus release so far. I am (slowly) working on a win32 version as well. The previous release was done by another developer.

Where do I post up my questions then? All I saw were 4 sticky'd threads and one of which was locked up. So where are the remaining threads?

Just start a new one. I did move your post out of the other thread.