What's new

Very Odd problem...

Josep

eyerun4phun
Ok, this is for my grandpa, he lives in hawaii, and i DON'T, so helping him trouble shoot is hard, he is running win98se, and is trying to update to winxp. He is running into the problem at the end of the update that it won't let him finish installing. It says something about an F drive, which does not exist on his computer, only a c drive. Apparently when he goes to "my computer" there is a drive thats labled: Copy Of C (F:) something like that, but windows is making it seem he has an F drive, and when he clicks the properties to the F drive it says 0 bytes for everything, so basically it does not exist, and he deleted a few folders in there that were labled backup, and he had to permanetly delete them because they were too big to fit in the recycling bin, ---> Getting to my point, how can get this copy of c (f:) drive disabled? anyone kinda know what i'm talking about or would there need to be more info supplied, just reading this has a thanks;)

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
Well I can tell you the easy way, but that involves formatting. Does your grandpa want to keep the info on the drive?

OP
Josep

Josep

eyerun4phun
hehe, o hell yea he wants to keep everything:( Thats the idea i had to, but he might have a burner, i haven't asked tho:( Any other alternative ideas? im stumped, i hate admitting that, even tho sometimes it can happen easily to me;)

Musashi

Blue
I really don't know how that copy of C could end up there, but try something like Partition Magic to discard the 'F' partition (if it even IS a partition). I heard there's a program just like it, but free (any help?).

This is the only non-destructive solution I can think of. May not work, but it's worth a try! :)

OP
Josep

Josep

eyerun4phun
hehe, thanks for the responses guys;) i'll tell my grandpa pretty soon and see what he can do;)