What's new

small prob with FF3

yogaman

Banned
okay... I'll make it short: I'm not too much into FF's so I don't really remember the names ...errmm .. well, now I'm playing FF3 with Znes and I need to kill this big baddy (looks like knight) with the "BLITZ" combination ..... I tried this several times but it just doesn't work (it always says: wrong input) ... any clue? after a certain period I get killed by the bad guy ... hmmm
(hope this description is enough for u hardcore FF-gamers out there ;) )

thx

Cyberman

yogaman said:
okay... I'll make it short: I'm not too much into FF's so I don't really remember the names ...errmm .. well, now I'm playing FF3 with Znes and I need to kill this big baddy (looks like knight) with the "BLITZ" combination ..... I tried this several times but it just doesn't work (it always says: wrong input) ... any clue? after a certain period I get killed by the bad guy ... hmmm
(hope this description is enough for u hardcore FF-gamers out there ;) )

thx
That's FF6 actually (FF3 was what it was called but it actually was FF6 and was rereleased for the PSX as FF6).

Ok.. to do the blitz combo you are supposed to do you have to WATCH the screen it tells you how to enter them, seriously. Don't just hit the buttons quick to get on with it, you have to use the blitz combo to end this fight. This is the fight in Mt Kolmb with Argus I believe or something like that.

The blitz combo must be entered when you are going to attack and must be entered correctly. It's confusing admitedly, but that's the way it is, you only have a certain amount of time to enter it too. Hence it says wrong input. :)

Cyb

OP
yogaman

yogaman

Banned
okay...but it's still confusing: do I have to hit the combination before I select the opponent or after ....or during the attack?? ... I tried it at different times but it always shows: incorrect input

thx in advance ;)

Cyberman

yogaman said:
okay...but it's still confusing: do I have to hit the combination before I select the opponent or after ....or during the attack?? ... I tried it at different times but it always shows: incorrect input

thx in advance ;)
Well it's Mount Koltz
And it's Vargas (enemy) vs Sabin :)

When you select blitz as a command you enter in the technique and select X (with the PSX version).
In this case it's LEFT RIGHT LEFT then PRESS X. When his turn arrive he should perform the blitz technique.

For the SNES version does almost the same thing except you select using BLITZ the normal slection Keys and select using the same BLITZ keys.. and press the final key AS the SELECT key.. SAME as the PSX (SELECT in the PSX case was X) but it's different for the SNES. granted it's complicated it should work :)

Cyb

thine_impalor

Local spammer
Wow! If u can't do the BLITZ combo, wait till near the end of the game, Sabin has another combo...whats it called......is it some kind of party healing combo? THAT ones REALLY hard.......is it something like
left, top left, top, top right, right?????as far as i remember...better learn those combos cuz sabin(in my most humble opinion) is the best character in the game

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Oh no no no no! Sabin's combos aren't that really hard.
It's rather simple. The healing combo was R L R L X Y .
The airblades attack I think is D R R U U L or something similar.
Aura bolt: D R R

Well...and more. I'm not EXACLY sure it's this--but it's what I think it is.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
just keep in mind that u have infinite time to pull off the move. if u do that, u should have no trouble.

since ur doing it on zsnes, just press left, pause and take a deep breath, press right, exhale, and press left.

(or was it right,left right?)

remember, take your time.

OP
yogaman

yogaman

Banned
okay... either I'm doing it the wrong way or somethings messed up with my emu/rom ....! grrrr.... okay, well does anybody have a save state after this??

Doomulation

Another thing to note:
Take as much time as you want to enter the first one (at least I think). Then...you cannot enter the buttons too fast nor too slow after the first one, or it'll fail. But it's not hard either :happy:

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Doomulation said:
Another thing to note:
Take as much time as you want to enter the first one (at least I think). Then...you cannot enter the buttons too fast nor too slow after the first one, or it'll fail. But it's not hard either :happy:

the games says what i said, you have infinite time. but from experience, i think you are right.

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
How many blitz combinations are there for Sabin? ??? I never played FF6 long enough to find out all of them. I just use the one I know...

R2xDelta

If you're really having problems with the blitzes, you can always program them in as a macro and set them to their own keys (a little cheap, but it gets the job done.)

Doomulation

R2xDelta said:
If you're really having problems with the blitzes, you can always program them in as a macro and set them to their own keys (a little cheap, but it gets the job done.)
That's a cheap solution and should be done in emergency cases ONLY!
Gee, I hate these cheat ways.