What's new

Best Project64 Setup

Project64HELP

First want to say great programming job on PJ64, I appriciate the hard work behind getting Mario's face on the screen unlike most people who wonder WHERES THE ROMS. Anyway, my setup is a P3 800 256M (133) and a ATI Rage Pro 32 and some graphicly intense roms can't get over 30fps during certain parts. I realize I need to upgrade my system, so I would appriciate some info for what needs changing. I've been getting mixed info about getting a better processor, more ram, or different gfx cards. I'd like to know what you think is the best solution.

Personally, I don't like or play the pushing buttons game roms, I like TV (has less buttons + The Simpsons). More fun to go outside. I get a kick out of the POM demos from DEXTROSE with the original art and music done for DoctorV64 (I had one before I sold it for car money). I knew some of the original people back in #emuroms back when... blah. Remember fools, RESPECT PROGRAMMERS!

Peace
:n64:

"Micr0$0ft 0wNz j00!" -Duh

Slougi

Well, in your case I see two components that need upgrading: Cpu and gfx card.

A better cpu will eliminate slow-down, while a better gfx card will give better image quality. I believe for example Link in Zelda would have white clothes on an Ati Rage Pro.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I'd suggest upgrading for Athlon since they're more powerful....well, will be. I really hate intel's pentium IV. Recommended graphics card? GeForce. GeForce2 are cheap.