What's new

Mupen64 + tr64 plugin

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
I have ported tr64 plugin to linux (old sources posted here at the emutalk message board by icepir8) and implemented zilmar specs gfx plugins in mupen64.

Here a first screen shot of the tr64 plugin running in Mupen64 :

lint

good job

very good job

sorry but i havent got any time to work on muppen ... and i wont be for a while...

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
I've just release the new version of mupen64. Finally it is possible to play mario64 on a linux os :) !!

Here a new screenshot :

mesman00

What's that...?
congratulation hacktarux, you just made history, first emulator to run mario64 on linux, keep it up!

**Edit** let me get this correct... i can use any of the zilmar spec graphic plugins with the linux version of mupen64 now?? like jabos, daves, etc? is this possible? or only with the windows version?

Last edited:
OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
mesman00 said:
congratulation hacktarux, you just made history, first emulator to run mario64 on linux, keep it up!

**Edit** let me get this correct... i can use any of the zilmar spec graphic plugins with the linux version of mupen64 now?? like jabos, daves, etc? is this possible? or only with the windows version?

No, the plugins must be compiled in linux. But mupen64 uses the same interface as the windows plugin, this minimize the changes to make to port a plugin to linux. (It only takes one hour to port the tr64's plugin and someone is currently porting the glide64 plugin). And of course in the windows version it will be possible to use all the zilmar spec graphic plugins but a gui needs to be written before it works.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
tr64 0.5c sounds like a later build to icepir8s latest plugin releases, am i right here, or is it just an old source..

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
sk8bloke22 said:
tr64 0.5c sounds like a later build to icepir8s latest plugin releases, am i right here, or is it just an old source..

No, it is old source but still great with the few roms supported by mupen64.