DELL

1.7Ghz
128mb ram
20gig hardrive
Gefore 2 something or other

Will that be good enough to run nemu?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Yes, but I'd go for the AMD's ;) Not Intel ( :plain2: )
The AMD K7T Turbo allows overclocking :p
Just a little tip; those specs will get you far!

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
and do make sure that it's DDR not regular (or as I call it now, CRAPPY) RAM and if you think 20gig HD is enough you will want a 30 soon. it always happens

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
Then your mum is an idiot. Sorry if either of of you take offense to that but it needed to be said and I registered for the sole purpose of doing so.

As for the PC:

1.7Ghz Pentium 4: An AMD Athlon 1.4Ghz will outperform it by a long shot. And it's much cheaper too.

128MB RAM: Hah! With a high-end processor? Don't hold it back. Go for 256 or preferably 512MB. And make sure it's DDR RAM too.

20GB HD: And you're planning on N64 emulation? I have a 9GB HD which is about to burst open. I plan on getting an 80GB HD. The best balance between speed and price. And if you go for anything less than an ATA 100 HD, I'm coming over to your house to beat you over the head with it.

GeForce2: ... Why do people nowadays buy uber-powerful CPU then go for cheapo or even integrated GFX card to hold it back? Go for a GeForce3 Titanium series card. No less. And that means no stupid MX cards either.

So, in closing: :stupid: Don't take it personally man. I'm in a mean mood, which is my best for giving straight advice. If your mum's unhappy about this, tell her to find me on AOL Instant Messenger. My nick is Lillymon444. I look forward to seeing you. If you stop listening to your mum...

OP
L

Lachp30

Mum says stick with INTEL. Will the emu still work well with the specs i will be getting on ym DELL computer?

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
Let me talk to this stange woman. Come on. It'll work, but you'll end up wasting about £100.

Don't stick with Intel. Fuck Intel. Fuck Dell. Dell are idiots for sticking with Intel. Your Mum is an idiot for sticking with Intel. You are smarter than both of them for coming here.

Get an AMD or regret it. Your Mum doesn't like AMDs? Put her on the keyboard. Let me talk to her directly. I want to find out how much Intel is paying her...

Slougi

Tesla-Guy said:

Argh ppl must request from ME to move threads :angry: NOW I WILL HAVE MY CREATURE EAT YOU ALL!
<=-=-=- nice bud isn't he? ;)
But you were not there :innocent: ;)

OP
L

Lachp30

Good news, we may be getting a AMD 1800, but thats only 1.73Ghz, so if in the futre i buy a PC game that needs a P4, 1.8ghz, does that mean it wont work?

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
Hmm... if it said 'Pentium 4 1.8Ghz' then that would probably mean it was optimized for SSE2. But then again, the AMD is faster overall which evens it out.

In short: It'll work, and it may run faster. And my AMD Athlon XP 2100 will kicks both of their asses but I'm paying a serious premium for that so yours will be fine. :)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
A got a tip for you:
Generally, if you can find--buy yourself a low-end processor! The lowest XP, then overclock it :p It works if you got the K7T Turbo motherboards. They're really nice.

And for lillymoon:
No need to get a GeForce3! Especially the TI-series! Do you know how much they cost!? Generally, I still think Jabo has a GeForce2 (maybe I'm wrong, who knows :plain: ). A GeForce2 Mx400 or GTS works fine as hell and works too. It's just waste of money to get a GeForce3 Ti, wait 'til they get cheaper.

And for your mom:
She's really outta her mind!! The AMD's are generally faster than Intel, but Intel has higher clock-speed. The actual secret is that AMD's processors are optimized for doing diffrent stuff, while Intel's only go for high clock-speeds.

And lastly, I don't like any "company" where you buy stuff, since they mostly "lock" the over-clocking functions.
You should check out a tutorial on how to build a computer yourself, just a tip.

Alright, that was all, cya!

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
welll

what all the hub bub about ddr i have 256 ram regualr its um ok i guess,,,,,, whats so good about ddr :bunny: :innocent:

EddyB43

British Old Gamer
DDR is about twice as fast as "normal" SDRAM. If you do anything remotely RAM intensive (I'd say even emulating CBFD is RAM intensive) you will see some speedups. Essentially, no new hi-spec machine runs with SDRAM, it's either DDR or RDRAM for true Pentium 4's.