What's new

HELP!! I have some problems with Zelda OoT

Andro

Hello! I have some problems to see the poe in the picture in the Forest Temple. I have defeat the three monster in the central room and I have got the bow. But, when I go in the Poe room (where the pictures are), I can hear them, but I don't see them. NEVER!! I think it's a bug (and not a question of poor tempism), because another time Saria must talk to me, but when I finally was in front of her, she didn't talk. I turned back (out the forest meadow) and then I retrace one's steps as far as Saria and this time she talk to me! But at this time, I can't re-defeat the three monster!! I have just killed them.
I used wireframe, but this do not solve the problem (Poe, simply, there aren't). I used a cheat too (cheat 18 version 1.0 - infinite small key...), but this don't give me the poe's flame to open the hole that take at the boss room.
Can it be an emulator's problem?
So, what can I do? (before I'll try by restart with a new game) (sigh!)

Bye!

Andro

6tree

Let's start with Saria. What do you mean Saria didnt talk? Did you try to speak her? Or do you mean the Navi button didn´t show up? However, Saria is sitting on the stumb just to tell you how to get to the Forest Temple, and you have to speak her. When Saria talks through Navi button she is just giving some hints or reminding what to do.

There isn't any monsters in Forest Temple central room but the four poes, at least no "three monster".

The pictures. I think you just haven't tried enough. There are three pictures in the staircase where the first poe should appear, I think you are stuck there. Your task is to shoot at a picture when there is a poe in view. But only one poe is in view at once and you may have taken your way so that they have never appeared in front of you. The sound you hear means that a poe disappears or appears or both, I don't know. Just look around you and keep your eyes open. It isn't emulator problem. At least it shouldn't. If it isn't your poor observation, it might be your video card. Or try another graphics plug-in.

OP
Andro

Andro

Ok, I'll try. But I'm running up and down in that upstairs from two weeks and the picture are always black. I really hope that can be a my poor observation!!
Saria (excuse me, I explain myself wrong): She say me, when I was a kid, (way ocarina) that she liked to see me face to face; so I went in forest meadow, but when I was in front of her (navi button show up) and tryed to speak, she say me that I can speak with her way ocarina! So, I select Saria with z targeting and I used ocarina. She tell me (way ocarina) again to see me face to face. Argh! I tried again and again, insuccesfully. I must turn back, out forest meadow, and talk again with Saria way ocarina. Then, I return in forest meadow and this time, when I talk to her, she say me what she wanted to say. This must be a game bug, I think, and not something wrong that I have done. So, I imagine that the black picture that never shows a paint of poe (in walk trough they explain that I must see a poe in the picture, even if quickly disappear) can be caused by the same problem.
I thank you for your help!

Andro

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
no no no. here is the problem with saria. dont use the ocarina to talk to her when you are face to face. just talk to her like you would anyone else. and as far as the poes in the pictures. move slowly. if you get to close you will make them go away. use the arrows to kill them from a distance. SLOWLY. MOVE SLOWLY. and im sure you'll be back here for more help with the last poe in the puzzle room but that will come later.

OP
Andro

Andro

ha ha! Ok, I'll move SLOWLY! (the poe in the puzzle room is not a problem... I have defeat him... he he).
Thanks a lot!

Andro

6tree

Have you tried different options in graphics plug-in. Change blending mode if invalid for video card, force normal blending, emulate clear etc. Reset the rom after changes. If no option works why not just try shoot them blind. 'Cos you hear them they should be there. Remember always shoot as far as possible.
BTW, you haven´t mentioned youdr specs yet.

OP
Andro

Andro

Yes! Yes! I have done like you suggest! I never see them, but shooting blindly at black picture, moving very SLOWLY (he he... thanks again) and as far as possible, finally the pictures are vanished and I fight with the ghosts. Now I can continue! I am really pleasing to all for the aid that you given to me and for your patience (I know, my English is very insufficient!!).
I'm so happy!!

Andro

OP
Andro

Andro

however, I'll try with different graphic plug in or someone else, becouse I note tha Poe aren't the only ones that I can't see. I have problem with some vine and waterfall too (like poe, I see them black).

Andro