What's new

Harvest Moon 64?

Junkguy

Nemu 64's ini says that Harvest Moon 64 is 'playable'. However, when I run the rom, there's a Video Plugin Error message that says "ERROR EnterRPDOnly: lpd3d already detected". Anyone know what this means or how to fix this? Thanks.

L

Lachp30

Ok..I had your same problem until i relised i had a 4mb graphics card. Since you havnt told anyone your computers specs i dont reakon anyone will reply, but if your graphics card is smaller than 8mb, it aint going to work. :devil:

mew151

i dont think it has anyhting to do with a graphics card because i dont have a graphics card and HM64 works fine. its just a little slow.

L

Lachp30

Mew, Send a screenshot cause thats preety weird. Also what are your system specs?

mew151

ok, heres a shot

i have a pentium II, 333mHz, 160 MB ram, no video card, ensoniq soundblaster sound card, and a 6GB hard drive.

Trotterwatch

You must have a video card of some description (otherwise you wouldn't have a display on your monitor).

Not too sure how to fix this problem, though try searching the forum (I think I've seen it mentioned).

TDragon

(hi everyone)
Uh, yeah, you do have to have SOME graphics hardware. Here's the deal:
Many computers have actual graphics cards that plug in to the mainboard. Others, however, have graphics onboard -- basically as if you took a graphics card and just hardwired the parts to the mainboard (for laptops this is the only choice). WHEN that is the case, the most popular choice of graphics memory amount is 8MB. Junkguy: if that is your case, you're probably out of luck, because quite often onboard graphics aren't very compatible with this type of thing (emulators), although it's not NECESSARILY the amount of memory that's causing the problem.

Tesla-Guy

i have a pentium II, 333mHz, 160 MB ram, no video card, ensoniq soundblaster sound card, and a 6GB hard drive.
if you don't have a video card then where do you plug the screen ? :p
Open the pc. The video card is where the screen connects. If that is on the top near the serial/parallel ports then it's a onboard gfx card.

mew151

well i dont know what to tell ya. even if i do have a graphics card a lot of 3d games i try cant work worth crap.

and yes it is at the top by the serial and parallel ports so i probly do have an onboard gfx card.

RJA

The PC Wiz
Junkguy,

You must the desktop to 16 bit (high color). (16 BPP)
with your video card, probably.

L

Lachp30

Geez mew...on my old comp i had a 4mb Graphics card and it didnt look as good as that!

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Anchel said:
I've never tried harvest moon. Is it a good game? What is it about?
Geee... well, it's a pretty good game.
You live as a farmer, do all sorts of stuff that farmers does.
You can even get married and have children, etc, etc...

Dabba_Deh

The Sultan
That game rules. The only problem...When I try to move around and stuff, there are all sorts of black shadows bouncing around the screen, and it is very annoying. Some of you seem to get it to work without the shadows...What settings do you use? Which INI?

Grunty

Don't be ridiculous, I like to Rhyme,
It's a splendid way to pass the time!
Okay that was lame, I am no Nerd
Not like bear and noisy bird!