What's new

Video card change

Prezhulio

Hi im posting this for some advice. Ive been using a Voodoo 3 2000(16mb0 for the past 3 years( yes i know the card is below spec requirement not asking how to fix it) and its not that great. Well i just took the nVidia plunge. I bought a Geforece 2 MX400(64mb) over net and recieving it shortly. My question is am i going to experience some drastic graphical,speed, or any other changes on my emulation? thanks
Rock on=w=

RJA

The PC Wiz
Re:

Yes, you will see majorly dramatic changes in graphics,
especially with The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time!

For me :
No more white Link,
the grass looks a lot more realistic
and the flames will have all the effects.

Squall Leonhart

The Reluctant Hero
Yeah, graphics will be hella lot better... almost like when I changed from ATI Rage 128 to GeForce 2 MX... :D
You'll see big changes man...

bodie

in emulation no speed increase of note,in pc gaming yes definately ..but emulation is more cpu reliant than graphics card .. although you may notice graphical improvements...i used to have that card and i was very pleased with it
bodie

Cyberman

Prezhulio said:
Hi im posting this for some advice. Ive been using a Voodoo 3 2000(16mb0 for the past 3 years( yes i know the card is below spec requirement not asking how to fix it) and its not that great. Well i just took the nVidia plunge. I bought a Geforece 2 MX400(64mb) over net and recieving it shortly. My question is am i going to experience some drastic graphical,speed, or any other changes on my emulation? thanks
Rock on=w=

Well with the GLIDE plugin it's not bad actually. You might want to consider keeping both cards just for fun. I have a Geeforce3 200 on my linux box however the GeeForce 2 MX440 on the box next too me works great. The big difference you'll see is what resolution you can run at. As one person said emulation is mostly due to the speed of the CPU.

Cyb

OP
P

Prezhulio

In the Meantime

I havent gotten my geforce yet so im trying to figure out the glide 64 plugin on pj64. I cant get it to work. I have the most up to date version and all i see when i start any game is black screen.
Rock on=w=

Cyberman

Re: In the Meantime

Prezhulio said:
I havent gotten my geforce yet so im trying to figure out the glide 64 plugin on pj64. I cant get it to work. I have the most up to date version and all i see when i start any game is black screen.
Rock on=w=

Yes sirrie you have to run it in full screen because GLIDE does not work in windowed mode. :)

Cyb

fantasy_dream

Ok, everyone I just wanted to say that I own the Geforce 4 MX420 and the speed does not change at all when I play zelda ocarina of time on my project 64.It's still get alot of slowdown when I'm fighting monsters or go to place that has alot of animation in it.Although the graphics is 10 time better than my old card but the speed is still slow.Yes, I have the latest version of project 64 and no my computer is not old.I'm running windows xp right now.Does the speed depends on what kind of emulation you get????How can I make zelda speed to be faster???Why does Zelda run so slow on my computer??Does zelda oot run at full speed on your computer???Please help me??Thank You!!!

fantasy_dream

Hey, The Khan Artist does it matter what kind of cpu I have???Well, what kind do I need to make the game run faster???Please help me!!!thANKs

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
fantasy_dream said:
Hey, The Khan Artist does it matter what kind of cpu I have???Well, what kind do I need to make the game run faster???Please help me!!!thANKs
Yes. The speed of your CPU determines the speed.
Post your specs of the cpu.