What's new

My system is bloated ;-)

jmc1029

Hey all,
I've been emu'ing for about 6 months now and whenever I want to play one, I go through and kill all the unnecessary processes going on in the background. (ctrl+alt+del + End Task) This is time consuming and tedious sometimes because sometimes it locks up the computer if not done in the right order. Is there any way to automate this? Such as using WSH? Is there a way to make windows boot w/ less of this junk optionally? I have tried using Safe Mode, but that takes too much away and then I don't have the video drivers loaded that I need for good graphix. The point is, I want to have my cake and eat it too. I like having all the bells and whistles going when I am just using the computer, but I also want the option to slim it down when I want to play a game. Perhaps this isn't feasible. Please let me know of any tips/tricks/hints as to how to accomplish this! Thanks!

-BoNeZ:thumbsup:

Intel Celeron 800mhz
128mb Ram
40Gig
11MB AGP (yea, I know. Built in crap :)

Trotterwatch

Either:

Eliminate the totally useless processes via using msconfig (type that in at the run dialog) This will stop them running automatically when Windows starts. However they will still run when the necessary application etc is loaded.

Download something such as EndItAll (do a quick websearch) this closes all the tasks for you. Having said that, it's just as easy to do it manually as you are at the moment.

OP
J

jmc1029

Thanks!

Thanks a million. Should probably just get a faster processor and a little more ram and be done with it. :cool:

-BoNeZ