What's new

error compiling from svn

play0r

after compiling from svn after a recent update i get this error after starting mupen64plus.

Code:
Couldn't load plugin 'glide64.so': /usr/local/share/mupen64plus/plugins/glide64.so: undefined symbol: grGetProcAddress

these are the errors output during compiling.

Code:
Main.cpp: In function ‘BOOL InitGfx(BOOL)’:
Main.cpp:775: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
Main.cpp:835: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
Main.cpp:836: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
Main.cpp:837: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
Main.cpp:846: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
Main.cpp: In function ‘void ChangeWindow()’:
Main.cpp:1101: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
Main.cpp:1114: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
Main.cpp: In function ‘void RomOpen()’:
Main.cpp:1543: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’

Code:
Combine.cpp: In function ‘void InitCombine()’:
Combine.cpp:11879: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
Combine.cpp:11880: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
Combine.cpp:11881: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
Combine.cpp:11882: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
Combine.cpp:11883: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’

any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Slougi

It's development code. It's not expected to work 100% all the time. I get those messages too, it's all wip.

OP
P

play0r

yes i understand completely i'm not new to updating applications through SVN, just making sure i wasn't doing anything wrong.

Richard42

Emulator Developer
It's development code. It's not expected to work 100% all the time. I get those messages too, it's all wip.

Actually I expect people to test before committing so at least the build is not broken. The build should (close to) never be broken on the trunk. In this case the build isn't exactly broken but pretty close if the core can't load the dll. I don't have this problem on my system - it loads and runs glide64 fine. Play0r, can you tell us what kind of a system you have? (OS, cpu, graphics card, etc)

edit: this should be fixed now. Please do continue to report these kind of problems even from the SVN builds, because in this case it was a problem from a change that I had committed, but it build and ran without problems on my system.

Last edited: