What's new

I'm having a big problem with Zelda Majoras Mask.

16bit_bot

When I first downloaded the game for project64 it worked fine. Before I entered the last dungeon I decided to do some sidequests, I used save slots in case I messed up and I didn't have to the start the quest all over again. I closed out Project64 to take a break but when I came back to load up MM it said "Failed to open Flashram" and my save files were gone :(

Luckily my last save slot allowed me to get back to where I was, because of that I was able to beat the game. Now here's where the big problem for me is, I want to replay the game over but I still get that "Failed to open Flashram" message. When I make a new save file the screen turns black like its loading but doesn't go anywhere. I've tried everything to get it to work but nothing works. I tired a different rom but I just started out in the mayors office looking up unable too move. :angry:

I've reset my computer and reinstalled project 64 but still nothing happens. Should I try getting a different emulator?

These are the game files that don't work for me:

Legend of Zelda, The - Majoras Mask (E) (M4) [!].zip
Legend Of Zelda, The - Majoras Mask (U) [!].zip (this is the one where I start out in mayors office.)

I have a vista home basic with 512 MB ram and direct x 9.0.

Toasty

Sony battery
You can try deleting the flash RAM file. Go into PJ64's save directory (assuming it's installed in the typical place, go to My Computer -> C: -> Program Files -> Project64 1.6 -> Save). There should be a small ~100KB file named "ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK". Delete it. (There may be other zipped files by the same name if you have used save states and you needn't delete them unless you don't need/want them anymore.)

Bare in mind that you will lose all native save data for Majora's Mask by doing this (in other words all games that you saved the normal way (not save states) will be lost).

OP

16bit_bot

You can try deleting the flash RAM file. Go into PJ64's save directory (assuming it's installed in the typical place, go to My Computer -> C: -> Program Files -> Project64 1.6 -> Save). There should be a small ~100KB file named "ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK". Delete it. (There may be other zipped files by the same name if you have used save states and you needn't delete them unless you don't need/want them anymore.)

Bare in mind that you will lose all native save data for Majora's Mask by doing this (in other words all games that you saved the normal way (not save states) will be lost).

Ok thanks I'll try that.

Edit: I did that but I only saw a Super Smash Bros save file.

Last edited:

FlotsamX

Maybe your ROM has been corrupted through use of external programs, such as P64's cheat system. Download copies of those ROMS, and try them.

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
Ugh, activating cheats will NOT modify the ROM in any way, shape or form. But do try deactivating them.

OP

16bit_bot

Forget it you guys, can I just get a savestate right when the Majora's Mask Opening starts please. When it begins with the words "In the lands of Hyrule". If you can't then it's ok.