What's new

Differences between Glide versions?

sigfried.m

Hi, I want to know differences about Glide 1.0 Napalm and the various wonder plus. Napalm edition hasn't special fixes for games. For example, the corona fix for Zelda Ocarina of Time, why?

And about Glide HQ?
What version do you suggest? I have a Core2Duo E6600, 4Gb DDR2 800, GeForce 8800 GTX, Vista Home Premium 64. All with latest version of driver and latest DirectX.

Sorry for my english, thanks in advance.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Napalm is an new version of Wonder Plus, only named differently. The most likely reason that some of the gme fixes are no longer there is because those aren't needed. Glide64 Napalm also has whatever things Glide64 HQ had, including hi-res texture support.

Originally glide64 HQ was an experimental derivative of Wonder Plus (since lots of development happened outside of official releases), and these were later combined into Napalm.

Want a short, easy answer? Use Napalm, forget the other old releases.

OP
S

sigfried.m

Napalm is an new version of Wonder Plus, only named differently. The most likely reason that some of the gme fixes are no longer there is because those aren't needed. Glide64 Napalm also has whatever things Glide64 HQ had, including hi-res texture support.
Originally glide64 HQ was an experimental derivative of Wonder Plus (since lots of development happened outside of official releases), and these were later combined into Napalm.

Want a short, easy answer? Use Napalm, forget the other old releases.

Do you talk about hi.res textures packs? that from RICE plugin? Also Glide Napalm has it.
However I have tried Zelda OoT + hi-res pack, and work better on Glide HQ than on Glide Napalm.

mudlord

Banned
i just wonder when they´ll fix the wrapper resolution bug, since it is already a known issue :/

Eh???
I don't recall a bug like that in recent source code revisions.....

Another N00b

Oh, I´m talking about glide napalm, didn´t mention it before. Everything over 1024x768 srews up the emulator window.

It looks like the glide wrapper included in the Glide64 'Napalm' public release 1.0 is missing support for the following windowed and fullscreen modes;
1152x864, 1280x960, 1600x1024, 1792x1344, 1856x1392, 1920x1440, 2048x1536, 2048x2048. They will be added in the next release. Thanks for bringing this to attention. Please address futher bug reports to the Glide64 developers at the Glide64 message boards. http://glide64.emuxhaven.net

-KoolSmoky

posted in this thread

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
Actually, windowed mode USUALLY works even with that bug, but when you go to fullscreen mode it keeps your desktop resolution and puts the video into the top left corner. XD

KoolSmoky

To answer the initial question, Glide64 "Napalm" is the newest official release. The special fixes in the control panel in previous Glide64 releases was removed because they are not needed for "Napalm".

"Glide64HQ" is a test bed for experimental features, mostly for GlideHQ (the hires texture module) and Glitch64 (the 3dfx glide3x wrapper). Glide64HQ uses the "wonder plus" version of Glide64 to keep everything open source.

"Napalm" is what everyone should use. "Glide64HQ" is for people who are interested in bleeding edge advanced experimental features of GlideHQ and Glitch64.

As for the resolution bug in Glitch64, I have fixed it a while ago and it has been included in "Glide64HQ" for several revisions now. See;
http://www.emuxhaven.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6490

If you have bug reports please do post them to the Glide64 message board so that it gets read by all the Glide64 developers.

-KoolSmoky

Another N00b

Yeah so I wanted to register on emuxhaven to say that the problem isn´t solved yet, but my mail address is banned for some reason (don´t you guys like web.de? xD). Guess I´ll post it here instead.

So I use the wrapper and the Glide64.dll from the napalm release, but the GlideHQ.dll from the new update. The emulated resolution can be changed to over 1024x768 now, but the plugin still handles the window as 1024x768 (and this only if I´m lucky, otherwise the window turns into this again).

Screen of what happens

And if I use the all the stuff from napalm but the wrapper from the update, the emulator crashes after turning to fullscreen resolution (though i wanted to run it in 1152x864 windowed mode ._. ).

Last edited:

KoolSmoky

Yeah so I wanted to register on emuxhaven to say that the problem isn´t solved yet, but my mail address is banned for some reason (don´t you guys like web.de? xD). Guess I´ll post it here instead.

So I use the wrapper and the Glide64.dll from the napalm release, but the GlideHQ.dll from the new update. The emulated resolution can be changed to over 1024x768 now, but the plugin still handles the window as 1024x768 (and this only if I´m lucky, otherwise the window turns into this again).

Screen of what happens

And if I use the all the stuff from napalm but the wrapper from the update, the emulator crashes after turning to fullscreen resolution (though i wanted to run it in 1152x864 windowed mode ._. ).

Now that I am answering your question here, this must be your lucky day, eh? Seriously, you need to read through the first post by Gonetz, "I have no time to add required modification to Glide64 ‘Napalm’, so new Glitch64 and GlideHQ features are available for this version of Glide64 only". http://www.emuxhaven.net/forums/showpost.php?p=76169&postcount=1

-KoolSmoky

Another N00b

kk sorry :/ that explains everything (just got confused by some posts on page 30, although i red about the lack of time in the first post).