What's new

emulater dosent work

hessiess

after downloading the 1.4 64 bit build I tryed to run some games with it, nothing happens besides a black screen with no errors output in the terminal. after trying some of the other plug ins and options Im still no closer to getting this emu to work. Im using 64 but ubuntu 8.04.

Richard42

Emulator Developer
What CPU do you have? I have run the 64-bit v1.4 on both an Athlon64 and a core 2 duo mobile and they both ran properly. Do you get any sound? Can you exit or is it hung?

OP
H

hessiess

What CPU do you have? I have run the 64-bit v1.4 on both an Athlon64 and a core 2 duo mobile and they both ran properly. Do you get any sound? Can you exit or is it hung?

I have a Q6600, no sound, I can exit by shutting the rom browser window. x,
alt+f4 and escape dont do anything to the graphics window, which just displays black and nothing else.

Amaroq

I'm having this problem with version 1.5, Ubuntu 8.10 64 bit. Processor is AMD Phenom 9850 BE, card is ATI Radion HD 3870.

I get a black window when I try to play a game, it closes normally when rom emulation is stopped, etc.

In the terminal output, it gets to one or two lines after "Starting r4300 emulator", depending on which interpreter option is set in the config. No matter what changes I make to the config, it seems to always stop in the same place.

The game I'm trying is Battle Tanx: Global Assault.

Never mind... Super Mario 64 seems to work fine. Must just be BattleTanx.

Last edited: