What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

RETEX - Mega Man 64 (or Legends for the buddies )

Cruz01

FIRST RELEASE!

MEGA MAN 64.zip

NOTES: Not everything its retextured!
In fact just a few stuff is, Ive been workin on this for a week and its been quite a ride, from learning how this works to doin the textures themselves, I will keep on workin on it so this is just a sort of alpha beta kappa gama release and its not even deserving praise but I (and i hope you guys too) have hopes of achieving it.

PS. Appreciate the clouds and praise em please... they took me around 5 hours to do because God just plain hates me.

Help wanted!(CONTACT ME TRU PM)
A couple of requests to the comunity:

1- Savestes! A link to a web with em or personal ones because either I draw away stuff or play.
2- Anyone knows how can the graphic glitches this game has can be solved?

ID LIKE TO POINT OUT that these requests come from my heart and hopes that this project can be achieved in the shortest amount of time as possible so in advance I thank every single person interested in this game.

Important: Enviroments (walls, floors and the likes) will be retextured very, very, very later as they are incredibly hard to do and by the time I finish everything else I will probably be in Retexturing GOD MODE.

Last edited:

Datadayne

Wow, those screens look very nice. I really like the those characters and the skybox.

I will look forward to the release on Saturday.

OP
C

Cruz01

Ive been thinkin and...
All that has been already done will be redone... I dont like many of the stuff I've done so before the next release comes out (apple market, the dungeon at the market entrance, and the first bonne boses... Wich are already done...) I will polish many things... Also I would love to hear some input on what the look should I aim at... Since megaman legends has some cartoonish look I considered the current trend to be the logic one but maybe... I dunno some ultrarealistic stuff? or a cell shaded aproach? or maybe even some paper mario like look?

Input people... it would get me off the creative swamp Im in right now....

PS. I still love the clouds... they stay like that!!! -Yargh-

OP
C

Cruz01

hmmm... Some questions...
Where do I dld the glide plug in? Heard its better than rice but the links on this forum are broken.
Does glide support 32x(+) texture sizes?
And...
Any comments on this thing? has anyone even tryed it?

PS The grass looks awesome when each file weights 1mb... good luck there are only 4 textures... x64 texture sizes rule!

OP
C

Cruz01

Thanks!
New screen

Heh, I curse my luck...
I got the uber awesome Glide plugin from there them link Another N00b provided and it runs fine... MM64 almost with no glitches (tough a little slow)...
BUT the plugin wont let me run (or select) any of the textures Ive done...

In the pic you can see that under the tab for the textures a black line appears... Like its trying but it just cant...
Either its some sort of compatibility issue with teh project 64 or im doing something wrong?

Wrapper dll its in pj64 main folder, other two plugins and ini on the gfx folder:
I got an nvidia 7300 Loser Edition, Core 2 duo (2.8 Ghz each), 1 gig or ram and loads of Hdd space... also latest driver from nvidia and latest directx updates(heck even one sort of custom one I foung in one of these threads here)...
I can run oblivion at 30 fps but not texture load for glide??? WTF!? I say...

Thanks in advance.

Another N00b

So this makes it impossible to set it to "Rice format"? Oo That´s random, it may be a plugin related bug, but since the two of you have the same problem i´m not sure.

Anyway, dunno if this helps, but here is an ini with the settings from your pic AND the rice format texture stuff already selected (since you have the bug):

http://rapidshare.com/files/137929829/Glide64.ini.html

You might want to change the resolution though, since it´s 1152x864 (and 1280x1024@60 hz as full resolution in the wrapper settings)

OP
C

Cruz01

Duuuuuuuude... it worked... tough some textures wont show up (the ones I made)... While they show with rice... i guess I will stick with rice since its pretty fast and while graphics errors annoy me they just show up un a few specific areas.

Thanks a lot for takin some time to help.

Last edited:
OP
C

Cruz01

Ermmm... So... People I'd like to see some feedback on this thing... Anything! crazy ideas like: Hey why dont you make mega look like a gundam...

That is because I've seen little to none hype on this work so in a way the time I've been using for it seems kind of wasted...

I've loads of time to be workin on it and theres been some cool discoveries like handling the trees textures I've found out that I could add some grass and now they look very cool.

So please people in the very first post I asked for some feedback, some help and I no mean in no way for you to do the work but like someone from some other project sayed: anything besides Zelda and Mario (and SMB) seems like a waste of time... I dunno...

Is there even someone playing this?

M[u]ddy

Well if you want feedback, some more screens might work. ;)
I played this game way more often, then Mario or Zelda!

gitech

N64 Artist
I must have missed this. I will download it and give you feedback. I like the first pic you posted! It is like a 3D version of the NES Mega Man's. Cell shaded with a color pallet similar to the NES. Great! :)

Don't give up because people will play it. You just have to do some research on the game and promote it with interesting facts and screens. Working against the tide of mario and zelda is not easy, but if you can swim...;) It's up to you to let the people know there are many great games for the N64!

For those who just browse and download, join up if you need to and post. It's all the artists ask in return and I can say it's one of the best things I have ever done. Without support societies fall. ;)

Good luck and TTYL.

Here, I'll help:

Mega_Man_64-122.png

Mega_Man_64-6.png

Mega_Man_64-9.png

Mega_Man_64-72.png

Last edited:

cerebus5

Well it doesn't help that the emutalk forum is like dead, compared to emuforums or whatever.

But I think your work looks great. Only thing is that it's not a game I've been dying to see retextured. Your artwork is really stunning though, the whole cel-shaded look works very well.

Kupfel

concerning your Glide64 problem - I had the same issue and googled for ages to try to use highres textures with Glide64 but couldn't find anything. Then i just clicked into the dropdownbox and hit the down / up arrow keys on my keyboard and it worked ^^

OP
C

Cruz01

Just a quick post to let ya know this thing still alive I just got alittle busy finding a new job and girlfriend, thanks for all your comments and Im still waiting for some input on the graphic approach and what stuff would ya like to see.
Also if anyone knows a good site to look at MM Zero and MM ZX artwork lemme know please.

Peace