What's new

Success with WINE

besson3c

Hello,

In case anybody is wondering, Dolphin seems to work just fine under WINE. WINE builds on 64 bit hardware, but runs in 32 bit mode. Therefore, you will need to run the 32 bit version of Dolphin.

Otherwise, all of the usual tricks for getting stuff to work under Windows applies. I'm not able to get sound in Wind Waker, but from the sounds of it this is the case under native Windows as well.

I'm going to buy myself a Gamecube controller and adapter to test shortly, but the game sort of works with the Adaptoid and N64 controller. Needless to say, WINE's USB support is sufficient for controller support as well.

OP
B

besson3c

Where is this Linux code? Looking through the SVN trunk, I see a lot of stuff for Visual Studio/.NET

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Where is this Linux code? Looking through the SVN trunk, I see a lot of stuff for Visual Studio/.NET

It uses Scons for the linux build, but you still have to do a 'lil porting and modifications, and updating of the scons files. I can't help you there - I tried to do it myself and i got a little far but It would take too long for me.

OP
B

besson3c

If the developers want to create a second SVN branch for the Linux version and could get the Linux version to compile, I would be happy to help maintain this branch. I'm not going to bother with it if it won't even compile though, since any code corrections go beyond my scope of expertise as a Unix sys admin :)

OP
B

besson3c

Cool, I didn't know that page existed.

It builds fine, although I'm assuming that this bug listed in the ReadMe is still outstanding?

The Linux build is at least 80% done, it starts, but won't run games yet. There's a bug somewhere.

I don't know if this has anything to do with the fact that the plugins aren't recognized by the GUI, even though they are listed in the Plugins directory?

# ls Binary/linux/Plugins/
libdsphle.so libpadsimple.so libzeroogl.so
libdsplle.so libPlugin_nJoy_SDL.so .svn/

OP
B

besson3c

I figured out why the plugins weren't detected, I guess you have to be in the Dolphin directory before you invoke the binary since the Dolphin.ini stores relative path names...

I'm getting a bunch of stuff being spewed to my console when I try to start a game now, but I'm assuming this is already a known problem based on the ReadMe comment. If any developers are reading this, I would be happy to provide my console output with you if this would be of any use.

Last edited: