What's new

How to get PJ64 1.7 Beta

Zeth

Hey, does anyone know if it's possible to somehow still become a member at the PJ64 site/donate to become a member? Wanting to get my hands on the 1.7 Beta.

Also what are the improvements people here have noticed from 1.6 to the 1.7 Beta? Do games run more smoothly - at a better FPS?

Thanks.

X-Fi6

Nope, there's no chance of paying for PJ64 1.7 for pretty much years to come.

And I can tell you now, most people report that though there are fixes in some games, it's generally more buggy than before (more exceptions and opcode errors), it uses more CPU usage than before, and it has slower FPS in most games, especially Dobutsu no Mori.

Though it does come with some nice features like being able to switch plugins during gameplay, you still probably wouldn't like it.

X-Fi6

The issue is, everything was going fine with the Project64 1.7 beta until Paypal closed their account. Zilmar had been working on a code rewrite of 1.7 when this happened. They started looking for alternatives when zilmar had to leave. Jabo was able to work on his plugin a little bit, but when zilmar came back, Jabo was also gone.

So it's kind of a weird situation, you know?

X-Fi6

LOL, as I quoted, "Nope, there's no chance of paying for PJ64 1.7 for pretty much years to come".

Then the next day donations are back up XD