What's new

In need of some help

Chucka

Chuck
Hi there everyone! I have recently just joined this site in aid of some help.

To cut a long story short my pc keeps coming up with this random blue screen, something about drivers, which I think could answer all of my questions.

So anyway, i installed project 64 2 years ago on my system. It worked perfectly nothing wrong in the slightest.
I installed it again last june, the month i moved house, again no problem. During this year i reinstalled my windows, and have just recently installed project 64 1.6 about 3 weeks ago. The problem is some ROMs don't want to run properly.

Star Fox 64 runs perfect with no problems.

Disneys Tarzan runs okay.. except the sound is all jumpy.

My main problem is Body Harvest. I love the game, yet during game play it freezes every 2 minutes or so. But when i switch it from small screen to full screen it unsticks. Then sticks again during full screen. To actually be able to play the game, i have to change the resolution every 3-4 minutes and this gets really annoying.

Anyone have any suggestions of how i can fix my problem?

I have done dxdiag and under display it had...

Device:

Name - SiS 661FX
Manufacturer - SiS
Chip Type - Sis 661
DAC Type - Internal
Total memory (approx) -32.0MB
Current Display Mode - 1024 x 768 (32 bit)(60Hz)
Monitor - Plug and Play.

Then on the other side of the page it says:

Drivers

Main Driver - SiSGRV.dll
Version: 6.14.0010.3780 (English)
Date 23/01/2007
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
Mini VDD - sisgrp.sys
VDD - N/A
DDI Version: 9 or higher.

I have done tests on DirectDraw and DirectX no problems whatsoever.
Hope this info helps

:king:

Last edited:

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
It means the only thing you can do is try another emulator.
Something easier to try with the freezing though, press F2 twice (pauses/unpauses emulation), as that has unfrozen a few games for me.

OP
C

Chucka

Chuck
Thanks mate i will try that later!

Any other suggestions from viewers would be highly appreciated.

OP
C

Chucka

Chuck
Okay I tried the F2 thing... It doesnt seem to have made any changes PJ64 keeps freezing. Does anyone have any recommended N64 Emulators that I could try?

I have just tried apollo. There are no plugins installed on it...

So that doesnt work...

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Name - SiS...

This line disturbs me because SiS is known to be terrible. did you happen to update drivers? Rolling back would be something to try if so. You can rollback drivers in Device Manager. Also, try updating drivers if you have not.

Also, if it bluescreens on drivers, it could be SiS crashing, in which case it's very likely a driver version issue.

OP
C

Chucka

Chuck
Sorry to sound dimb but whats rolling back? And it could be a driver issue indeed. I am currently working on changing the graphics driver card to another one.

OP
C

Chucka

Chuck
Okay i tried roll backing that didnt work. I did something to my graphics drivers which caused it to restart but i have no idea what i did. Somethin about a hardware change... I will see if it works shortly.

p_025

I didn't mean the "F2 thing" would fix it, I just mean that it would unfreeze it when it's frozen, rather than changing between fullscreen and windowed mode all the time.

OP
C

Chucka

Chuck
oh i see. Well i have tried other emulators, but they dont seem to work..? something to do with plugins, they all didnt wanna run any roms. I went on

www.coolrom.com

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Please do not post where you got your illegally downloaded roms. We don't need to know.

p_025

Yeah, it really doesn't matter where you steal your games from. Oh, right, and there's the little issue of posting ROM sites being against the rules.

Besides, that site sucks.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator

Downloading a copyrighted game from the Internet is always illegal, unless the author of said copyrighted work has given his/her explicit approval for said work to be publicly distributed via the Internet.

And I thought this was obvious.

Plus, claiming to not have known is about as ignorant as it gets.

Board Rules said:
DO NOT!
  • Provide links to websites that link to ROMs, ISOs or BIOSes.

Ok, to keep on topic: What emulators did you try? Then again, SiS is know to be very bad, so doing driver updates for it or rollbacks for that matter rarely amount to anything but stellar failure.

Last edited:
OP
C

Chucka

Chuck
Well iv tried

Apollo
Nemu64
Daedalus
Mupen64
Project 64
SupraHLE
UltraHLE
UltraHLE2064
Corn
TR64
TRWin
Glide64

None of them work on my system except PJ64

Last edited:
OP
C

Chucka

Chuck
Anyone have any suggestions? I have tried to change my graphics card to a NVIDIA one which has stopped it freezing frequently, but it froze twice in 2 seconds so i think i jynxed myself. Does anyone have any ideas?