What's new

Project64 crashing after texture loading

toucansam99

To start out, I'm running Vista SP1 64 bit, Project64 1.6, and Rice 6.1.4. I have an 8800 gts g92, so the graphics card should not be the issue.

Here's the problem. Whenever I have custom textures, P64 crashes after the textures are loaded. There is no error or warning, just a crash (I get the "stopped working" message from windows).

I wasn't exactly sure where to post this, but as Project64 itself crashes, I thought it was a P64 issue.

I've fiddled with settings for a while, but nothing works. other things i've tried:
- Project64 1.7.0.55 this didn't work at all with the rice plugin, I got crashes during or right after "byte swapping image". here i tried the stable, development, and beta 10 rice plugins.
- Praying

Another N00b

I´m not sure but i start to think that the hi-res supporting plugins out there don´t like the geforce 8 series since i also have some problems with my 8600 gt.
Have you tried both render methods (open gl and directx)? You could also try to use another plugin, like the glide napalm: http://glide64.emuxhaven.net/
Good luck with this one though, i can´t get it to work.

Last edited:
OP
T

toucansam99

yeah i've switched between opengl and directx. I'll try that other plugin thanks :)

edit: yeah that other plugin seems to not work at all. Thats too bad, I loved the hq textures :(

Last edited:

Aresrin

I have the same problem, Emulator crashes after texture loading screen with Aristole/Mudlord Rice Plugin. Glide64 Napalm works but the textures look messed up. I've switched around all the plugin settings, nothin works.
Using:
Project64 1.6.
Vista Ultimate 64-bit
Core2Quad Processor
4GB DDR2
Geforce GTX 280

karl47

Has anyone solved this problem, I'm experiencing the same thing. Have a GTX 280 card and using Project 64 it crashes on texture loading.