What's new

Not getting anywhere

torqegood

Okay, I tried to do this without asking for help, but I have no clue how I got the emulator to finally start. Yet I had gamepad set up to keyboard and made each control corespond to something on the keyboard. Yet I can't make anything move or activate, so I think I need help with the whole thing. Reading isn't helping because well, I don't know exactly what some of the stuff is. I know this should work, since I got a ps emulator to work, and that didn't come with plugins itself.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Please explain what is the "stuff" you don't understand, and we'll start from there.

OP
T

torqegood

Well...the image thing. When I choose uh.....for one of the plugins GD-rom plug-in when I choose gdrimage it tell me to get an image when I choose run, but nothing is available. Plus most things I don't recall because it was said in topics I searched. Seems there's no readme file or anything that can help. I just don't understand anything about this because it's a bit different is all basically. Maybe if I could get a good walkthrough or help file.

Last edited:

Agozer

Go to Config --> Plugins and select gdrImage as the GD-ROM plugin. Then switch over to Config --> GD-ROM and choose the CD image you want to boot.
Then click File --> Run DC.

The default gdrDemul expects to have either a disc in the drive or mounted a CD image via some virtual drive software.

OP
T

torqegood

Well all I have is roms, so I'm not sure how to work that.

Also uh...akhanna01, I can't be precise if I have no clue what I'm doing, even if that's what you asked, garbled sentence.

Agozer

I already told you how to use CD images as is.

ROMs and CD images are more or less the same. Besides, no-one downloads or rips Dreamcast ROMs, but CD images.