What's new

blight input + SuperJoyBox crash

nfolken

I'm having an interesting crash when using blight's SDL input plugin and a ps2 controller plugged in via a SuperJoyBox. Whenever I press a d-pad button when configuring the input, or in game play, the program crashes. This did not happen before i reformatted from opensuse 10.3, but since updating to 11 and to KDE4 from KDE3.5. Anyone else have this problem? or else any suggestions on how to better track down the problem would be appreciated.

OP
N

nfolken

To clarify, all the other buttons work fine, it's only when I switch the ps2 controller into analog mode and push any of the d-pad buttons does it crash. When i run mupen64(or mupen64plus) from the command line, i only get a general crash error, nothing helpful.
Any clues?

DarkJezter

What kind of crash do you get? Can you post the program output from the console? I'd like to see that error message you speak of.

DarkJezter

I'm not sure off hand what the cause could be, since I don't have access to the hardware myself, would you be at all interested in debugging this with me? If you know how to do a backtrace of a crash like that, you can either post it or feel free to join us in IRC. I'm sure anyone there could help you get the backtrace, and once you have that, you can post that backtrace back here (unless of course I'm the one helping you do the backtrace ;)) and we should be able to get this working for you :)

OP
N

nfolken

thanks for the offer. i'm a little busy right now, but this weekend i'll look into how to do a trace and try and get in contact over irc