What's new

Nemu and possiblities of Netplay?

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
I was wondering if a netplay option was going to be intergreated into the next realease of nemu also would it be possible to sort of zoom into on part of the screen, so that the other player won't see your side of the screen, like when you play a computer game on the net... just wondering :nemu:

Remote

Didn't he say that he implented Kalliera almost a year ago and had a nice session of Mario Kart with the author...

there was somethign about it on the old nemu boards yeah, and i remmeber smiff chirped up about needing a realllllly good connection to get reasonable results??

Lemmy

Support via kaillera is in and works nice. You need a connection with a good ping, high speed is not necessary. However - usually high speed isps have good pings.

Zooming into parts of screens is just an idea yet and not implemented. Kaillera makes it hard to send the necessary metadata. It IS possible but I'll need to spend time on it.

OP
jvolel

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
Tesla-Guy said:
Doh Lemmy replies in most non ghey threads :)
<=-=-=-=- ph33r my avatar
yes yes this is all part of my master plan to trick lemmy into doing a progress update moh ha moh ahahahhahah :devil: i will purposely post good topics right when hes on the fourm (which is sometimes when am at work) lol

sk8bloke22

roll for life
black and white was a really not that impressive in my opinion. the 'great AI' was so easy to ignore, and the game (for me anyway) played like any other RTS. then again i hate RTS games, so...

Kermit

Lemmy wrote "Support via kaillera is in and works nice. You need a connection with a good ping, high speed is not necessary. However - usually high speed isps have good pings."

But how can i activate the Multiplayer features? I haven't found any informations about this. I've seen a "Multiplayer" menue entry on screenshot, but i dont't have it.

thanks for help
Kermit

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
jvolel said:

what you don't like basketball?

lol, TriForce was referring to his previous avatar, someone/thing from Black and White. Not basketball:D

@Kermit Lemmy is talking about, and screenshots are of, Nemu 0.8. Check your version...thats right, its not 0.8. You won't be able to get that Mulitplayer menu until you get version 0.8. That wont be for a long, long time.

:bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

Kermit

No Multiplayer in 0.7a? :eek:
Is there any other N64 Emulator with multiplayer functions?
I'm dreaming of a international MarioKart Ladder! :)

OP
jvolel

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
lol yes that would be interesting but unfortunatly we have to wait for a long time :-(