What's new

Slowdown in some situations

Hi,
I've been playing Zelda: Majora's Mask on my notebook.
It runs at full speed, without any graphic problems, but a few situations cause a great slowdown:
Using the Lens of Truth
Switching masks
End of a day, when the screen gets smaller

I think my graphics card doesn't support some effect, and it has to be rendered by software.
The specs of my notebook are:
NEC Versa L320
1GHz Pentium M
256MB RAM
16MB ATI Mobility M6

I'm using PJ64 1.6 with Jabo's video plugin 1.5.2. Using Jabo's plugin 1.6 causes some graphics problems.

Anyone got a clue on this? I didn't know where to search for, sorry if this has been asked before.

Timmyhawky

OP
timmyhawky
I know the graphics card is below the minumum requirements, but it works perfect except those situations.
Isn't there a way to eg replace the slowness with some graphics problems, so my GPU won't have it to draw the slower parts?

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Probably not... 32MB graphics is probably a requirement for anything to work well. Try different graphics plugins. Mudlord's Rice Video would be a good first one, try both it's OpenGL and DirectX modes.

Clements

For a speedier Majora's Mask, try using Jabo's D3D6 1.5.2 and disable self rendered textures.

Note that this will not look good for those effects you mentioned, but it'll hopefully eliminate the slowdowns.

OP
timmyhawky
@nmn: I tried it, this plugin caused too many graphics problems for me.

@Clements: Thanks, turning self-rendered textures fixed the slowdowns, despite the graphics problems. I just turn it back on after using eg the Lens of Truth.