What's new

joystick?/n64 controller PLEASE HELP OR I QUIT

tucanbob

X-Fi6

Yes of COURSE they will work.

Any device that converts a game console pad to PC will work with Project64. There are several different input plugins, the best being N-Rage's DirectInput v2 overhaul. There's another plugin specifically made to support the Xbox 360 controller and Xinput.

So yes it will work.

OP
T

tucanbob

Yes of COURSE they will work.

Any device that converts a game console pad to PC will work with Project64. There are several different input plugins, the best being N-Rage's DirectInput v2 overhaul. There's another plugin specifically made to support the Xbox 360 controller and Xinput.

So yes it will work.

ok thanks i'm gonna buy it...AND IT'S ON YOUR HEAD lol jk

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
I've heard of problems with the clear controllers with that adaptor, and the one I had wouldn't work with it. That thing is a piece of garbage. I just use it with a PSX controller instead.

X-Fi6

I've heard of problems with the clear controllers with that adaptor, and the one I had wouldn't work with it. That thing is a piece of garbage. I just use it with a PSX controller instead.
Yours must have been 3rd-party then.

Ones manufactured by Nintendo, that are official, like the one he's getting, should work with the adapter

OP
T

tucanbob

Ones manufactured by Nintendo, that are official, like the one he's getting, should work with the adapter

well i am not going to chance it so i just bought a solid blue nintendo one...looks cooler anyhow and it's only like 2 bucks more =)

p_025

Nope, this was one of the controllers that came with my 64 when I got it back in like '98. My 3rd party MadCatz controller does work with it, however.

OP
T

tucanbob

Nope, this was one of the controllers that came with my 64 when I got it back in like '98. My 3rd party MadCatz controller does work with it, however.

well no ofense then your computer is fucked up cuz i got both items today and they work fine lol:bouncy:

p_025

well no ofense then your computer is fucked up cuz i got both items today and they work fine lol:bouncy:
It may be fucked up, but that's not the problem. You were lucky enough to get a controller that worked.

X-Fi6

Lol

Most adapters that convert n64 to computer (other than the adaptoid) don't support rumble or the transfer pak, but do support official Nintendo controllers.

Anyways luckily it works. ^_^

OP
T

tucanbob

Lol

Most adapters that convert n64 to computer (other than the adaptoid) don't support rumble or the transfer pak, but do support official Nintendo controllers.

Anyways luckily it works. ^_^

this is me now that it works: :cheers:

soreau

An alternative is to build your own N64 controller interface. I have built one to support four controllers, and it works powered alone by the parallel port. The psxpad site from where I got the information on the 3rd and 4rth controller pinouts is no more, but if anyone is interested, contact me. I have the schematic (not too complicated), and drivers for both windoze and linux (the linux driver took a bit of hacking to get working). Mupen64plus is very usable under linux now thanks to rice's video plugin and blight's input plugin.

OP
T

tucanbob

An alternative is to build your own N64 controller interface. I have built one to support four controllers, and it works powered alone by the parallel port. The psxpad site from where I got the information on the 3rd and 4rth controller pinouts is no more, but if anyone is interested, contact me. I have the schematic (not too complicated), and drivers for both windoze and linux (the linux driver took a bit of hacking to get working). Mupen64plus is very usable under linux now thanks to rice's video plugin and blight's input plugin.

thanx but i like the classic controller....there's something about the way it feels in my hand lol it just fits