What's new

Glide 64 Plug-in Problems

bergty991

I am going to be as clear and precise as I can in this post so that everyone understands what I have done and what doesn't work.
First of all, I am trying to play Paper Mario and everyone has said that in order to play this rom, I must download the Glide 64 Plugin. I have done this. It is supposedly the latest version I can get: Glide 64 Napalm PR1. I have opened the zip file and extracted the plugins AND wrapper into my Project 64 main folder and then after not working extracted them into the Project 64 plugin folder. When in the main folder, nothing happened at all. After putting them directly into my plugin folder I tried finding them in the drop down menu in the emulator's settings, as soon as I did an error message came up saying that "This application failed to start because glide3x.dll was not found." It also said "Re-installing the application may fix the problem." Immediately after closing the error message another window popped up saying "Failed to load plugin: C:\Program Files\Project64v1.6\Plugin\Glide64.dll" That was all. I have downloaded the Glide 64 plugin several times and extracted the files in both locations and get the same results. Is there anything that anyone can suggest that can help me solve this problem? Thanks

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Look for a folder named Wrapper. Copy/move the Glide3x.dll there to the Project64 folder.

OP
B

bergty991

I have every time. I make sure I put what was in the wrapper folder into the plugin folder along with the rest of the other files.

OP
B

bergty991

When I do this, i do not get any error messages but I don't get Glide 64 to show up on the graphic pulldown menu in settings. Thanks for your suggestion though Do you have any other ideas?

Clements

Not sure. If you have everything in the right folders, then perhaps you have outdated graphics/video card drivers. The wrapper needs a fairly modern video card with good OpenGL support.

OP
B

bergty991

Actually, the way you suggested worked!!! I didn't put them in the right folders but I finally got it and it works. Thanks for your help!!

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
Why didn't they include a goddamn readme file? Instead they put in a .chm file which is supposed to have a readme which is completely broken when you try to open it.

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
Glide64 Info.chm is broken? Hmm...
Anybody else has this problem?
I can open it with no problems.

BMANZZS

# Glide64 installation for dummies

1. Download Glide64 distributive
2. Unpack it into temporal folder
3. Go to that temporal folder
4. Copy Glide64.dll and Glide64.ini from "Plugin" folder into "Plugin" folder of your emulator
5. If you don't have 3dfx card, copy glide3x.dll from "Hacktarux's glide3x wrapper" into your emulator's folder, where main exe file is placed (main exe is Project64.exe or 1964.exe or mupen64.exe etc)
6. Run your emulator
7. In emulator's settings select Glide64 as your video plugin. Push "About" button to see information about the plugin (optional)
8. Now you need to configure video plugin. Select correspondent option in emulator's settings. In Glide64 configuration dialog select desired screen resolution. If you have fast PC, select 'Depth buffer render' option. For Mupen64 emulator, select 'Get frame buffer info' option. If you don't have 3dfx card, push 'Wrapper' button and select full screen resolution for the wrapper. Press "Ok' button to close configuration dialog
9. Run a game
10. If a game does not work well, check 'Glide64 compatibility list.htm' for additional options. If game's status is "Compatible', but it actually does not work - report about it on our forum

http://glide64.emuxhaven.net/faq.php

A.I.

Banned
While on the subject of Napalm, is it possible to implement support with Rice high texture packs like Glide HQ does? I get perfect hwfb fx with games like Conkers & Mickeys Speedway to name a few with Napalm but i do not with Glide HQ, maybe cos its still based on the old wonder plus Glide which is still buggy for me and shows up as a false positive, basically screwing my computer. I don't have such problems with Napalm and runs like a dream so if it could run hi texture packs i would be very happy, also thank you to the devs for Napalm, you did an excellent job. :)

X-Fi6

While on the subject of Napalm, is it possible to implement support with Rice high texture packs like Glide HQ does? I get perfect hwfb fx with games like Conkers & Mickeys Speedway to name a few with Napalm but i do not with Glide HQ, maybe cos its still based on the old wonder plus Glide which is still buggy for me and shows up as a false positive, basically screwing my computer. I don't have such problems with Napalm and runs like a dream so if it could run hi texture packs i would be very happy, also thank you to the devs for Napalm, you did an excellent job. :)
Yes Glide64 Napalm still supports texture replacement, like GlideHQ. To make it work, you may have messed something up, so let's start from the very beginning:

1. Go to the folder where you installed Project64 (usually C:\Program Files\Project64 1.6).

2. Re-download Glide64 Napalm from here:
http://glide64.emuxhaven.net/files/Glide64_Napalm_PR1.zip

3. OK while you have that zip file opened up, double-click the "wrapper" folder. Click glide3x.dll and drag it into the folder where Project64 is installed.

4. Now open up Project64's Plugin folder.

5. Go back to the zip file that I gave you, and go to the home folder of it (you are in the wrapper folder. you need to go back one).

6. Double-click the zip file's Plugin folder. Click and drag everything from there into Project64's Plugin folder.

7. Close the zip file and open Project64 now.

8. In Project64, go to Options --> Settings.

9. Choose Glide64 'Napalm' Public Release as the Video (graphics) plugin.

10. Click OK. Now go to Options --> Configure Graphics Plugin.

11. Click the Texture Enhancement tab up at the top. On the right, under "Hi-resolution Textures", the first thing you will see is Format. On the text box to the right of that, choose Rice Format.

12. Click OK again, and you are done. :) Texture enhancement should work now.

Last edited:

Another N00b

I too have a problem with glide´s napalm plugin using pj64 1.6.
After extracting the stuff in the right folders, selecting and setting up the plugin and running a game (in my case tloz mm), the window becomes like this after the game loaded to 100%:

weirdwindowh62.png

(If i hold it with the mouse, it remains in it´s standard form and the game runs with ~60 fps. There´s also sound, but all i get is a blackscreen)

My settings are the same as in Jeffrey´s tut, expect the rendering resolution is 1152x864, wrapper resolution 1280x1024 and the texture settings are set to best quality (the texture save is checked though), so it´s not a big difference...

Anyway, i have win vista home premium 32 bit and a geforce 8600 gt, so it should work just fine (i guess), but it doesnt.
Can anybody pls tell me what the problem is?

EDIT: The same thing happens with 1964.

And btw, my gfx driver vers is 175.19, the newest.

Last edited:

Another N00b

That might be so (though I didn´t experience any heavy bugs with other stuff yet), but the driver I get "recommended" on the nvidia page for my 8600 gt is the 175.19.
The 177.XX Driver seems to be for the 200 series only (I might be wrong since I only download the stuff I find using that driver search).

Well it would suck if it is the fault of the driver that I can´t play MM with hi res/other textures (I waited like 4 years to play this game and now I want to see some quality xD). Btw, that GL test included in the zip file says everything is supported expect the Intel/3dfx only stuff which is obvious since i have a geforce X_x

Is there rly no way to solve this problem? Well I could use rice´s plugin but for some reason it won´t load in pj64 1.6 saying the files can´t be found even though I placed them in the right folder -_-
Same goes for 1964 expect I don´t get any errors, wth? (on my old pc with an intel p4 cpu @3,06 ghz, ati radeon 9250 and 1 gb ram the plugin worked, but had some heavy gfx issues)

Last edited:

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
That might be so (though I didn´t experience any heavy bugs with other stuff yet), but the driver I get "recommended" on the nvidia page for my 8600 gt is the 175.19.
The 177.XX Driver seems to be for the 200 series only (I might be wrong since I only download the stuff I find using that driver search).

Well it would suck if it is the fault of the driver that I can´t play MM with hi res/other textures (I waited like 4 years to play this game and now I want to see some quality xD). Btw, that GL test included in the zip file says everything is supported expect the Intel/3dfx only stuff which is obvious since i have a geforce X_x

Is there rly no way to solve this problem? Well I could use rice´s plugin but for some reason it won´t load in pj64 1.6 saying the files can´t be found even though I placed them in the right folder -_-
Same goes for 1964 expect I don´t get any errors, wth? (on my old pc with an intel p4 cpu @3,06 ghz, ati radeon 9250 and 1 gb ram the plugin worked, but had some heavy gfx issues)

I really doubt your card won't work with the newer drivers. I'd give it a go, but I also know how to solve driver problems. (Something you'd want to know before doing this, but whatever.)

Another N00b

Using a driver which supports only two gfx cards of the 200 series seems... kinda pointless to me. Other plugins work fine, expect the ones with hq texture support. Mudlord´s 6.1.4 has shading/texture issues no matter which settings i use and rice 6.1.1 b10 doesn´t work at all. Would be awesome if jabo´s d3D had the hq texture feature, since it´s the only plugin that doesn´t cause any heavy problems.