What's new

Buggy, messy, poorly implemented (but working) netplay

orbitaldecay

Alright, after a number of revisions and an afternoon of bug hunting the netplay kind of works. I haven't had a chance to test it over the internet yet, but if you have a sub 100ms ping, it should work. To anyone who is interested in testing this very very early alpha version, it is accessible via the mupen64plus svn under the r506-netplay branch. There are a few things you'll need to know to run it:

1. You'll need the sdl_net libs if you don't have them already
2. There is a file in the program directory called mupennet.conf, currently the client reads the
netplay settings from this file. The format is like so:

<start local server?> <host to connect to> <port to connect on>
1 localhost 7000 would start a server and connect to it
0 192.168.0.100 7000 would connect to a server on 192.168.0.100

It's not very complicated. Once mupennet.conf is configured properly, open the emulator and
run the rom as you normally would. The emu window will open with a message in the middle ("Press F9 to begin" if you're running the server, "Waiting for server" if you're not running the server) As soon as F9 is pressed on the server, the game will begin. I've been testing it out on my lan all afternoon, if anybody tries it over an internet connection let me know, I'd love to hear about it. Hit me up with any questions or comments: [email protected].

Thanks
Bob

OP
O

orbitaldecay

Oops, almost forgot! You'll also need to enable all of the controllers in your input plugin (the result of a stupid bug I haven't fixed yet, heh :batman:)

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Oh wow, I really need to come back into the project (I'm inactive right now as I'm very busy with other things).

No matter how poorly done, nice job. I wish to try this as soon as I get the chance.