What's new

Is anyone interested in making a portable n64 gfx plugin ?

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
I am searching anyone interested in making a gfx plugin for mupen64. Here is what i need:
- An opengl plugin compatible with the zilmar specs. (it can of course works with other emus in a windows environnement).
- The only functions that have to be os dependant are the init display function and the functions that handle the interface. All the other functions (in particular, the gfx emulation) have to be os independant. I can help you to do that, it is not really difficult...
- I prefer that it is open source but there is no need... If you want, you can make the windows version and i can compile the other OSs functions.

That's all....

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
It's not a problem, it is not really difficult and i will help you :)

One important thing is to isolate all the interface code, so it is easy to rewrite. If you want, you can send me your source, and i will say you what has to be done for portability.

linker

Emutalk Member
Maybe sometime later, now I'm very busy with school (common excuse), and I think that I have to make a little more progress.

Cyberman

Hacktarux said:
It's not a problem, it is not really difficult and i will help you :)

One important thing is to isolate all the interface code, so it is easy to rewrite. If you want, you can send me your source, and i will say you what has to be done for portability.
What are you looking for SDL with its OGL exports? that would work with windows or Linux or BEOS, I'm not sure how the windows structures are handled though.

Cyb

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
No, in the windows environnement, SDL blocks the keyboard messages because it opens a new window... But, if we do it in opengl we just have to change the init code : wgl for windows and sdl for all the other OSes.