What's new

Plugins do not show up as options

donutbandit

I have a number of plugins in my plugins directory that will not show up as a usable option in the emulator. One in particular is Glide64 Wonder Plus, which is recommended as an option for Yoshi's Story. I could have sworn I had it playing properly using Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6, but now it's doing that swishing effect with the video again. I have all the files for Glide64 in the plugins directory, but it doesn't show as a usable option when running the emulator.

CF2

Pretends to make sense
Glide64 needs something called a Glide wrapper to work correctly on modern systems. Make sure you put glide3x.dll (should have come in a folder called wrapper) in the PJ64 main folder, not the plugins folder. This should make Glide64 show up.

CF2

Pretends to make sense
Hmm. Usually, plugins don't show up in the dropdown because they failed to initialize. Do you get any error messages when you start PJ64 about missing DLLs? You might also try installing the new version of Glide64 (1.0).

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
When you open the options --> Settings menu, do you get any errors that say "failed to load plugin" or any garbage like that?

OP
D

donutbandit

No, no messages. My directory structure had become a huge mess because of all the different plugins I had downloaded and unzipped, so I wiped the whole mess and did a clean install. The Glide64 plugin still won't appear in the dropdown menu, and there are no error messages.

OP
D

donutbandit

I finally got it working, but it doesn't help the game: it makes it worse. I could have sworn that there was something you had to tick or untick, and the game would play correctly. Maybe I was thinking about another game.

OP
D

donutbandit

I updated the RDB, and got rid of the video glitches, but Yoshi won't walk or run properly. I guess this is just one of those problematic games.

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
To anyone else who suffers from this problem its the layout of the external plugins, they have to be put in the right place in the right folders etc (as stated in readme's).

Unless you follow the readme's to a tee, they won't show up in your pj64 plugins menu.

More reason to read the readme's! thats what they are there for after all :p