What's new

So close to perfect

The newest Glide64 plugin (Napalm release) is almost 100% perfect for me (well minor issues aside) however one last problem occurs - the sound. Project 64 seems to work best for me, but I'm wondering if I'm using outdated sound plugins.

Jabo's 1.7 and Azimer's HLE WIP2 both work great with most games, but with others (like Goemon) they have stuttering issues.

Is there a more modern audio solution? Glide64 works so well now that I'm searching for the latest audio plugins but can't find anything beyond the WIP2 for Azimer.

CF2

Pretends to make sense
Enabling Sync Game to Audio is definitely worth a try. With Jabo's plugin, it must be enabled on a per game basis, so start up the game before checking the box in the audio plugin settings.

Another thing you might try is checking the Send alists to audio plugin box in the RSP plugin settings when using Azimer's plugin. Otherwise, the audio processing is done within the RSP and the plugin is just used as an output pipe. Keep in mind that you'll have to uncheck this box when you switch back to Jabo's plugin.

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Also, If you're using a plugin which allows it, you can try to change the buffer size. Other than that, Sync Game to Audio was something I was going to mention, shoot for that.