What's new

Orkin's OpenGL Plugin

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
After studying docs and source code, talking to Dave2001 on IRC, and studying more docs and code, and debuging for an hour only to find I had transposed the U and V coordinates in my struct, I've finally gotten textures to start to show up! It's nowhere near complete (only supports 16-bit textures, no caching, no transparency, no clamping...you get the idea...), but it's a start.

I'm not going to bother releasing until I get it further along, but for now, here's a shot of my progress:

Quackat0r

Emutalk Duck
One word can be said to sum up my thoughts on this. And that word is w00t!!!! :D

Nice progress, keep it up!

euphoria

Emutalk Member
Someone with a Matrox G4xx card should make a plugin since all these GeForce-tuned OGL/D3D plugins are looking pretty much like shit on my G450. Im sure im not the only one with G4xx.
And sorry if this is in the wrong thread...

mesman00

What's that...?
great work, keep it up! dave is helpin everybody... btw, orkin, im just curious, but how old r ya? how long ya been programming... i just like to know these things, call me crazy!

OP
Orkin

Orkin

Thanks Eikef7, I've been looking for that! :colgate: I could only find pictures of the dorky looking new one...

For the questions:
Yes, I am using a GeForce card, but if people report problems with other video cards, I'll try to get it as good as I can (compatibility is one of my goals).

I'm 18, and have been programming since I was...I think about 8 (just piddly little basic programs, but it was still programming). I learned C++ when I was about 13, and I've been playing around with 3D graphics since I was 15 (nothing very serious, just, as I said, playing around). I've always liked programming, but it's really just been a side thing for me; I'm attending classes at UA Fort Smith for networking right now (getting an AAS in networking this summer).

Anyway, enough about me. Back to the plugin:
Unfortunately between work and school I haven't had alot of time to work on it lately, but I did manage to get some of the rendering modes working that help the textures look better (clamping, z-buffer decal mode...etc.). The two things that I'm working on next are palettized textures and texture caching. I'll probably make another release once I get those going (I'd release now, but without texture caching it crawls).

Orkin

dixon

white trash , whore
nice work :) 8? i would like to see my sister even open a program, never mind have interest it ^^

what are your plans for this plugin ? keeping it closed source ?

OP
Orkin

Orkin

what are your plans for this plugin ? keeping it closed source ?

My plans are to make it as good as possible. :colgate:

I am planning on eventually going open source, but if anybody saw my code in it's current state, they'd probably laugh... :plain:

linker

Emutalk Member
Orkin said:

I am planning on eventually going open source, but if anybody saw my code in it's current state, they'd probably laugh... :plain:

Heh :bunny:

DeadRabbit

Emutalk Janitor
Orkin said:

Hi Guys,

Just caught up with this plugin.

Orkin, If I (and I'm sure many others) saw your code, we wouldn't understand what the hell any of it meant anyway :)

You (and all other emu/plugin authors) should be damn proud at what you've achieved good code or bad. As people are downloading it from all over the world, and using something you've created.

Good luck with your progress :)