What's new

DK64 trouble

mk230

I am having trouble getting the game to run smoothly. I checked known issues and it says to change the counter factor. Can someone tell me what i should set it to and if there are any other settings I should change to make the game run properly?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
mino: If you can't reply with anything even remotely helpful and on-topic, don't post.

mk230: http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=18870&highlight=donkey+kong+1964
Project64 has enough core problems with the game as is, meaning that no amount of tweaking aside from changing the counter factor and having the latest RDB file will not make it run perfectly. You should try 1964 instead.

Note that counter factor of 1 (as noted in RDB 1.6.016) is considered by many to be the best value. This doesn't mean that the game will run without problems on Project 64 1.6.

Vboy

EmuCrazy
Odd. DK64 runs fine for me on PJ64.

1964 is better though. But I think Nemu could do something. You never know until you try. There are many emulators out there just waiting to be used :)

CF2

Pretends to make sense
Actually, PJ64 is currently the best emulator for DK64. Version 1.6 leapfrogged ahead of everything else.

MK230, we might be able to help you more if you posted your specs and the plugins you're using.