What's new

Back into emulation..

AgentGE

Hey guys, just getting back into N64 emulation, have been out since the old days of Ultra HLE. Been reading up, and is PJ64 the best N64 emu overall currently out? And I guess the plugin you want to use depends on the games you want to run. My main games are Goldeneye, OOT, and MM. I've heard 1964 and PJ64 run Goldeneye, does anything else? System power is not an issue, since I have:

AthlonXP 1800+ @ 1.713GHz
256MB Corsair 2400DDR @ 298MHz
Geforce4 ti4600 @ 300/730

sk8bloke22

roll for life
a normal question for once :D

yup pj64 and 1964 run a LOT of games...ranging from zelda: majoras mask to perfect dark. some games are practically perfect, some r not. i would check out the various compat. lists and look at the emus .inis . first download pj64 1.4 (the last and final version of this now closed project - uve missed quite a lot). check it out, i mean ur specs are fucking amazing, so ur not gonna get any slowdowns. also make sure u get the latest .rdb (like a .ini) for pj64 available in the useful links sticky thread in the pj64 forum. 1964 is faster, a bit harder to use, but can play some games better, as its still in development.

emus nnow use a plugin system, at the moment pretty much based around pj64's plugins, but now a few more gfx plugins are appearing, and getting much better. still jabos d3d plugins are the best at the moment, and they come with pj64. to use them in 1964 simply copy and paste the Jabosd3d.dll from the pj64 plugin folder to the 1964 folder.

looking at ur specs, ull mostly be playing pj64...goldeneye will work fast on ur specs. also worthy of a download is apollo (www.apollo64.com), again like 1964, uses the pj64 plugin system (known as zilmar spec), and has its benefits/disadvantages. Expect particulatly VERY good results from majoras mask.

OP
A

AgentGE

Thanks!

Can't tell you how sweet it was to play GE with a keyboard and mouse.

I've noticed the sky is black again (pj64 1.3 gave me blue skies), I'll update the .rdb and see what happens.

Dabba_Deh

The Sultan
PJ64 1.4 gives me a black sky as well. I think it may be NVIDIA related...I don't know how to fix it, so maybe you should just use v1.3 for Goldeneye.

Squall Leonhart

The Reluctant Hero
Man, AgentGE, your specs is f**king amazing!!
If only the processors had been a little (about 400MhZ) faster in 2000 (and they were if I'm not mistaken, but my father made a hell of a deal, about 150$) I just HAVE to get me a better comp. 'couse I only have...

Last edited: