What's new

New test builds including On Screen Display feature

Richard42

Emulator Developer
Hi everyone,

We're making progress towards the 1.4 release; tonight I merged the branch with the On Screen Display feature into the trunk of our SVN repository. I made both 32-bit and 64-bit binary packages from rev 452 so that we could get a broader test audience. These are the latest builds from the trunk and include quite a few new features and fixes.

Mupen64Plus-1-3-develop-r452-bin-32.zip
Mupen64Plus-1-3-develop-r452-bin-64.zip

So please check these out and see what we've been working on. Report any bugs or problems here.

khaosmind

first with compiz fusion activated atl+enter goes to full screen and then it goes back to normal(with metacity is does not happen)

second the on screen display which says starting mupen64plus(or something like that) apears when the game has already started

third if i choose on rice video plugin full screen resolution to 800x600 and if i have my desktop resolution set to 1152x864 when the mupen windows is no full screen it has a 800x600 size but when i go to fullscreen the only thing it does is making the rest of the screen black(keeping on 800x600)
In previous revisions if i choose 800x600 it would keep it in that size and if i go to full screen it would fill all the screen not just 800x600. i dont know if the new behavior is the correct one i only say that the previous was more comfortable. because now i must select 1152x864 to go to fullscreen and when it is not fullscreen it occupies the whole screen before i could have a 800x600 windows and still have a fullscreen which fills the whole screen.(i dont know if you understand what i say but i hope so)

i cant make the cheats work :( but i guess it is my error(i will report later on this)

and the on screen display does this and does not go away http://bayimg.com/bAjkOAabK

great work anyway :p

Last edited:
OP
R

Richard42

Emulator Developer
I think the 1st issue which you mentioned is not related to the OSD - that could be a result of the other couple hundred changes that have accumulated since v1.3.

The 2nd is a feature, not a bug. :)

Regarding your 3rd issue - that may be a driver/openGL change. The Rice Video code just sets the resolution and the type (fullscreen or windowed), and it may be that SDL, OpenGL, or your video drivers are keeping the original desktop res rather than switching. Can you run the binary build of v1.3 and see if it exhibits this behavior as well?

khaosmind

what i mean in the second point is that if the emulation has already started it should say emulation started and no starting emulation(or perhaps the starting emulation should apear before the emulation itself)that is why i say it XD

3rd issue:
with mupen64plus 1.3 i have the same problem but i think is nvidia drivers related because with mi integrated radeon xpress 200 i did not have that problem (and in other machine with a radeon 9600 the problem doesn't happen

regarding fourth, not all the message goes away.http://bayimg.com/DAjkHAABk

and for me the cheats does not work :(:(

Last edited:
OP
R

Richard42

Emulator Developer
what i mean in the second point is that if the emulation has already started it should say emulation started and no starting emulation(or perhaps the starting emulation should apear before the emulation itself)that is why i say it XD

Yep, you are right. I changed the message to "Mupen64Plus started.." and it will go in with my next commit.

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
That was an error by me. It does put up the message before emulation begins, but it's pointless: By the time it's displayed, emulation is ready.

khaosmind

great. Now what about the second image? I like that the messages appear but i hate them to stay like that. is there any fix?or can i disable the on screen display?

OP
R

Richard42

Emulator Developer
great. Now what about the second image? I like that the messages appear but i hate them to stay like that. is there any fix?or can i disable the on screen display?

Are you referring to the 'smearing' of the OSD messages when the screen isn't completely redrawn? I've seen this on SSB and Kirby64. This will be hard to fix in a way which doesn't seriously hurt performance. Adding an option to disable the OSD should be fairly easy though.