What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

1080 Remapped (PJ64 1.7)

Raresoft

Hi, guys. I like emulation a lot and i decided to retexture something to prove my habilities. I have just download 1080 Snowboarding for my Wii and looks and plays great even today so thought it would be a nice game to tryout.

I use lastest Jabo to dump textures. I dont know if it works the same with Rice's one, read a little about how this works, but not everything about it.

So there you have it. I think it looks nice! Some screenies...

1080snowboardingem4snapgb4.jpg

my.php

1080snowboardingem4snapgd6.jpg

my.php

my.php

my.php

my.php

I dont know how to use Photoshop, not yet. But i think we could do great things with it. I hope you to like, guys.

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-98c10c6f.html

During the process mayor changes may occur to some textures. I dont know how to host files here.

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Are you using a legit beta of PJ64 to retexture, because PJ64 1.7 isn't out and the same applies to his texture plugin.
You should use rice instead, because Jabo's texture aren't useable for most of the guys here.
And you should include all images with the image tag!

mode7

The trees look very nice but aren't cut out correctly.
If the original BG is clear blue, I could color-key it for you

OP
R

Raresoft

Thanks for your answers. I think i'm moving to Rice's instead. im going to learn how to use it properly.

The sky seems to be 'plain blue'. I used this color to paint it on 'trees texture' and seems to 'blend' with the background properly to get that 'transparency effect'. I don't know how to 'cut' the images to my wish, really. :unsure:

Last edited:
OP
R

Raresoft

I'm using Paint, Nero Photosnap and Reshade (only a bit), so far.

Tomorrow i will have an update ready for you. With beautiful screens... :flowers:

Legend

Use Rice's to dump, but Glide64 1.0 is more accurate when displaying the hi-res textures in the games (and it emulates the games themselves much better also). Giving what's going on with PJ1.7 lately and the release of Glide64, it's definetely best to stick with "Rice's" format. :)

I love 1080 on the N64 and you're stuff looks genuinely good, so I can't wait to try it and get your soon-to-be-released stuff! Cheers! :party:

OP
R

Raresoft

There you have it. I added some cool new textures and reupdate 'old' ones. Some additions i couldn't finalize properly in the last version (v0.2) are now finished. I'm still with Jabo, sorry, will move to Rice's plugin in near future.

Some screens...

Wall

1080snowboardingem4snapmz0.jpg

Wall + Rocks

1080snowboardingem4snappr0.jpg

+ Rocks (good looking!)

1080snowboardingem4snaplk4.jpg

Floor

1080snowboardingem4snapwu4.jpg

New Road

1080snowboardingem4snapko4.jpg

Grass

1080snowboardingem4snapqp9.jpg

ur ready?

1080snowboardingem4snapeg7.jpg

I will upload it in a few hours. ;)

Thanks.

Last edited:

mode7

Thanks for your answers. I think i'm moving to Rice's instead. im going to learn how to use it properly.

The sky seems to be 'plain blue'. I used this color to paint it on 'trees texture' and seems to 'blend' with the background properly to get that 'transparency effect'. I don't know how to 'cut' the images to my wish, really. :unsure:

You probably used the magic wand to "cut" out the trees from the BG (sky) and it doesn't look clean at all.
It's still a goog looking texture, so what I meant is that you could sent the original image to me and I could use a color keyer, which works like a bluescreen.

OP
R

Raresoft

Yeah, if you can cut it properly i may send you the trees in order to get it better. I have another 2 or 3 'trees textures' for the game, but are all from the same picture. I'll get another one to get some more variety.

Here is the update. I finally put even more new textures, but i didnt have time enough to prove them all. So you may find some ugly or weirds things now. If you note something, please report.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/7e0d1a

Remember, there are for Jabo's lastest plugin, not Rice's one yet.

Last edited:

Legend

The further you go into the dark side, the harder it will be to come back. Come back to Rice's soooooon pleeeeeease. No one has Jabo's really, but everyone has Rice's and Glide64 (hopefully).

BTW, the textures look very, very well done and appropiate for the title, which is certainly not the case for alot of packs. Great Job!!!!

OP
R

Raresoft

Ok. Thanks a lot, man. I worked on it more than I expected, really, but for a good result, i think. I'll move to Rice's Plugin from now, your analogy has convinced me definitively. A great one, really. ;)

Speaking on the game itself, it seems that Nintendos's people went down the detail too much from the middle of the fourth course or so... I don't really know why. Maybe they run out of time, space or resources.

The two last courses are really poor textured, specially the last one. The scope and scale of them are bigger, so maybe they didnt have enough resources from the engine to do everything they wanted to. Whatever the cause was, i think that now it's time to fix it, in the better way possible with our limitations. Because we cant really change the geometry of the game itself, not yet.

Can we?

Last edited:

Legend

That all sounds awesome dude. You got a big fan here who will test throughly your pack on Glide64 upon its release. Interesting tidbit on how the devs ran out of time or resources or both on the later levels. Kinda funny...

I doubt they is or will be a way to change the geometry of the games but think about what these games could look like though. Wow!! Sound like it would be alot of work no matter what tool became available.

OP
R

Raresoft

Hi! I've been working on others things these days, but ill be back with this tomorrow. Ill try to get it ready to work properly with Rice's and Glide HD, at least. With some minor updates maybe.

I thought on another N64 retexture project you'd like to see, a lot. I think. ;)

Last edited:

Legend

Cool! Can't wait! No rush, just checking in. I just know how these promising retexture projects start and drop all the time. Look foward to the other project as well. Thanks for the contribution. I'm sure MasterPh will archive your work in the hires packs thread for the future. :party:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Cool! Can't wait! No rush, just checking in. I just know how these promising retexture projects start and drop all the time. Look foward to the other project as well. Thanks for the contribution. I'm sure MasterPh will archive your work in the hires packs thread for the future. :party:
Yeah, will do, just waiting for the RICE Versions of the textures... btw: I should finally find some time to update the thread a little bit more...
To many time, to much work.
But like Legend already said, impressive textures, can't wait to see the finished result.