What's new

Non Menu No Mercy Problem...

tillrules

I'm new to Project 64 and I've finally gotten No Mercy working. It worked for several hours last night.

I returred to it today and experienced the jittery bug that has been discussed elsewhere on the board. I then followed the procedure outlined in the post for removign the problem, but I now have a problem with the emulation stopping in mid game.

On each stoppage, the program shuts down and an error message appears on my screen telling me that there was a problem with rendering.

I now have a file in my Project 64 folder whcih is called DirectDraw6Error.log. For each of the instances that the program turned off, there is an entry with the term: "Error deleting zbuffer attachment" at the end of the line.

My system specs are Intel3 700 with 178 MB Ram

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

OP
T

tillrules

I'm basically a computer newbie, but I think its a SIS 630.

How would I check to see what it is?

OP
T

tillrules

More on the problem:

Certain moves within the game will cause the game to shut down if the match has gone more than a few minutes.

The message I get on the screen says Unhandled Op Code and then has a number similar to a gameshark code somehtign along the lines of 8000xxxx FFFF

If anyone can help, please do.

Ketil

tillrules said:
I'm basically a computer newbie, but I think its a SIS 630.

How would I check to see what it is?

right click on the desktop, select properties and look at the last tab to the right

Last edited:
OP
T

tillrules

Does that mean I'm basically S.O.L with fixing my problem? Is there anyway short of simply gettign a new card to solve the problem?

OP
T

tillrules

I took down the complete text of the error message if it will help:

Unhandled R4300 OpCode at 800EFFFF
Unknown 49 10 23 D4

The funny thing about the error message is it has an OK button like you would press to close the message, but oddly my cursor goes under it and can't touch the error message. Once you hit the enter key to close the Error message, the emulator is still on, but with a blank screen.

In an aside, sorry for making this post not knowing my video card is substandard, but I didn't know what card I even had until you guys showed me how to find out.

Last edited: