What's new

emulating DC on psp

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
A PSP isn't powerful enough to emulate the Dreamcast. Period.

The thread you linked to already stated that more than once.

Flash

Technomage
It is possible to emulate DC on PSP, but it will be impossible to get emulator to run at playable speed.

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
I reckon it could be possible to have playable speeds (maybe not full fps) on the psp.

It would take either a highly talented developer or a team of experts to achieve such a feat mind.

And seen as the psp scene seems to be kinda dying out now I wouldn't hold my breath on such a thing being attempted let alone released.

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
I don't doubt that someone would probably not attempt this or if they did not bother to tell anyone unless they have some remarkable breakthrough, but I remember hearing the same things like this about N64 emulation once upon a time for the PSP too. ;)

Xtreme2damax

I don't doubt that someone would probably not attempt this or if they did not bother to tell anyone unless they have some remarkable breakthrough, but I remember hearing the same things like this about N64 emulation once upon a time for the PSP too. ;)

Yeah there was a Wip emulator for N64 for the PSP Daedalus, however it didn't run games any faster than 8 - 10 FPS and had no sound, I imagine emulating the DC would be way slower since the DC has much better hardware specs than the PSP.

Heck even the most advanced SNES emulator for PSP Snes9x or something didn't run games at full speed and lagged, same with the Gameboy Advance emulator for PSP.

While DC emulation on PSP might be possible, it isn't practical considering the size of the games and also that it would be extremely slow when compared to running a DC emulator on the PC.

Even PC's which are much better hardware wise for emulation can barely run DC games at full speed, NullDC is sure a wonder but even that struggles playing some DC games and lags even on a decent system.

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
I remember chankast going too fast a while back ;)

Nonetheless, Yeah, anything that would be able to emulate DC half speed on a PSP with most of the features would be an excellent work of programming - But I doubt someone could/would pull it off.