What's new

Zsnesw problem

dreassica

I have a strange prob whenever im running Zsnesw (latest version)
When im d/l something off the net and im playing the emu i notice a significant drop in d/l speed, which restores itself after i quit
the emu. Is Zsnesw accessing the internet without me asking?
Or has the netplay function gotta do with it?
Has anyone noticed it too and found a way to stop it?

Remote

I don't think zSnes acceses the net without you telling it to do so, however the resources, memory, cpu time and hd access, needed by it may slown down your entire system causing a drop in download speed. Does this only happen with zSnes? Start up any other emulator - does the dl speed still drop?

OP
D

dreassica

í have an athlon xp1800 256mb DDR ram and a Geforce ti500
I dont think Zsnesw takes that much resources and i dont have the problem with other emu's like project 64 and EPSXE. It only happens with Zsnesw

Remote

To be honest, it has never happened to me and I haven't heard about anyone else experciating similar problems. But if you are serious about seing this fixed head over to the www.zsnes.com website and repeat your questions in their forums alternativity browse their forums for similar problems and look for a solution, if there is one...

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
get a software firewall (ZoneAlarm and many others are free) and check if it is connecting. These programs should also tell u if any other program (trojan?) is doing the connecting.