What's new

Mupen64Plus for Windows

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
More information [here]

This is the first release of Mupen64Plus for Windows and Mupen64Plus Build Environment for Windows. The new port is more up to date, can use blight_input, should have less problems with graphics plug ins, and has a better looking GUI. And you can Stop and Go (If you get an error about "GetDC", press stop a few times and try again.)

Mupen64Plus Build Environment

Mupen64Plus For Windows

Not recommended: You can additionally use the MediaFire link if the download above does not work.
http://www.mediafire.com/?d8xbbjtmrnh

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Great, will try it asap.
Thanks for not forgetting the windows users.
Where do the bug reports go for the windows version? Into this thread?

MasterPhW

Dunno, if it need to be the way it is atm, but glN64 hasn't a config window, same applies to JttL's Audio Plugin and the Mupen input plugin.
IIRC glN64 have a windows config GUI, the others I don't know, but you could add a no config box, like in the RSP plugin.
Is it the same, like the original one? Because it also had a GUI in its windows release.
The MD5 checksum also doesn't seem to be calculated into the Properties window.
Last thing I wonder is, why does country say Europe (0x50)?

Tillin9

Mupen64Plus Dev.
The MD5 code got messed up in the GUI/no GUI merge it's on my todo list.

The 0x50 is because there are 4 European ROM codes. There are also multiple Aussie ones too.

MasterPhW

The MD5 code got messed up in the GUI/no GUI merge it's on my todo list.

The 0x50 is because there are 4 European ROM codes. There are also multiple Aussie ones too.
But for the end user it isn't that much important to know, which kind of EUR rom it is. IIRC there are even 6 different EU rom types.
Nice to know, that the MD5 problem is already on your todo list.
Next thing, that bugs me is the incredible amount of libraries packed with this release. AFAIK these are all GTK dlls, so why not just pack an archiv with the libraries and one without.
E.g. I've installed GTK so I don't need all of them.
Btw: there are still a lot Roms missing in the ROM INI, could we help you to add the missing ROMs or should we wait till a newer release is done?
Btw: I've seen, that you are using still the glN64 sources. Did you ever looked into Arachnoid sources? They are based on glN64 aswell but had some good improvements.

Last edited:

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
Great job :)

Thanks for giving us Windows users a taste of this awesome emulator :)

Quick question, has this been set up so that when a fix is made in the Linux build it can be easily be fixed in the Windows build too?

Is this also going to be maintained at the same time as the Linux build ? By that I mean will each Mupen64Plus release from now on be Windows & Linux or will the Windows releases be less frequent?

Thanks again :D

Last edited:
OP
N

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Glad to see all of the success here.

- JttL "No Key Bug"
This is part of the SDL configuration system for JttL. It will be solved in the actual Mupen64Plus trunk and it should become effective once this port is stable enough.

- No Config Dialog bug
For some reason, It seems you must open a rom before a windows plugin will configure properly on Mupen64Plus for Windows. I've been looking into the reason why.

When the code is mature enough and more complete, I will ask for permission to slowly merge this in. I think I can do it if i incremently ensure there are no problems during the merge. However, It's not ready, and before i can do it I must update the platform specific files a bit.

And again, All are welcome, very glad to see the positive feedback.

MasterPhW

Glad to see all of the success here.

- JttL "No Key Bug"
This is part of the SDL configuration system for JttL. It will be solved in the actual Mupen64Plus trunk and it should become effective once this port is stable enough.

- No Config Dialog bug
For some reason, It seems you must open a rom before a windows plugin will configure properly on Mupen64Plus for Windows. I've been looking into the reason why.

When the code is mature enough and more complete, I will ask for permission to slowly merge this in. I think I can do it if i incremently ensure there are no problems during the merge. However, It's not ready, and before i can do it I must update the platform specific files a bit.

And again, All are welcome, very glad to see the positive feedback.
Nice that you already know about the problems and also seem to already know how to fix it. Really great support from your site.
If you need additional testers for the windows build or anything like that, you have here some handsome guys at the board. =)

okaygo

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Also remember to join us in IRC!

irc.freenode.net
#mupen64plus

you may even find some PJ64 developers hanging out...

okaygo

Mupen64Plus Dev.
i can't use nrage or jabo input plugin :(

the emu crashes :(

Mupen64Plus is different from any other emulator... even the plugin system has changed. As of now we don't have any intentions of supporting these plugins, however the fact that they are incompatible is not due to some restriction we set, so it is a bug.

I want to be clear about this:

We can only support as developers what is given to us on Linux...

That means that we wont support anything Jabo does, and eventually you will be missing out if you are using a 3rd party plugin. We really suggest sticking with Rice Video since it's an already well written plugin, that is abandoned and could be picked up and developed on again.

We want things to work as close as possible on Linux as they do on Windows... so reporting graphical errors for our plugins is much better than using 'a better one'.

This is why we reported everything....

Anyways happy gaming,

okaygo

olivieryuyu

fb notification with glide64 doesn t work i am afraid.

okayo, i was not speaking about gfx plugin, just input plugins. And Rice is nice, that is true, even i can t get correct resolution in window mode (ok in fullscreen) with Mupenplus.

Last edited:

okaygo

Mupen64Plus Dev.
fb notification with glide64 doesn t work i am afraid.

okayo, i was not speaking about gfx plugin, just input plugins. And Rice is nice, that is true, even i can t get correct resolution in window mode (ok in fullscreen) with Mupenplus.

As for input we only support blight_input (which is really not that bad)

Richard42

Emulator Developer
The other input plugins should work (the interface is pretty simple), so this is probably a bug.

There is a possibility that the other plugins that you're having trouble with do not conform to Zilmar's API which is used in Mupen64Plus. Did the other emu/plugin developers add extensions which aren't backward-compatible? We have added some extensions in Mupen64Plus but these should still work with other components.

Last edited:

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
Id just like to report a bug.

The Rice Video Plugin has a bug with loading/using Hi-Res texture packs.

I am getting 85% of textures missing on mario 64 with risio's pack. I have tested on Project64 with the same plugin and they work perfect.