What's new

Getting started. Can a bad rom permanently screw up your ds?

guga

Hi everyone

I'm pretty new to this. I used to download gbc roms back then but that was a long time ago and it was on my pc. I'm sure that emulating on a ds is more complicated. So all advice is welcome.

I plan to do a lot of research and get a flash card and everything but before that, I'd like to know if a bad rom could permanently screw up my ds? If so, does it happen often and is it easily avoided? Someone told me that that was the reason he doesn't do it.

any help is appreciated. thanks

Toasty

Sony battery
This is an emulation forum. Questions pertaining to emulators and their configurations when running certain games are welcome. Questions pertaining to the consequences of running pirated (and potentially corrupt) ROMs on real hardware are not.

smcd

Just as a general advice across any platform (PC, DS, anything) running programs you download off the internet randomly, especially when related to "popular" "warezed" files = rarely a good idea.

GamerAeon

If you MUST do it as I am not fully condoning it in accordance to Da Rules
Check Double Check and Triple check whatever you download.

And if you like the game you're testing out, give Nintendo and the Programming company some props by purchasing said game since you obviously do have a DS:w00t:

synch

Yes, it can. I won't detail it, use google if you want, but there are ways to brick your DS from code, so dump your own games if you want to play through a Flash-cart, or else you can end with a very expensive double screen brick.

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Just wondering, Do they have a Good Tool for the NDS? I haven't seen any yet.

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
I don't think your supposed to post the direct IP link :\ read the top of the page