What's new

Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6 won't work! :(

Coredo

Nolife
Whatever game I try to play with this plugin in particular I get the generic Windows XP error message saying there's been a problem and the program needs to shutdown. Now, my computer passes all the requirements with flying colors so that shouldn't be the problem. I am also using the latest Nvidia forceware drivers. 3D6 1.5.2 works just fine but I'd much rather be able to play with the latest version. I've made an attempt to fiddle around with the plugin settings as well as forcing PJ64 to use just use one core of my processor with no avail. I checked out some other threads but I couldn't find other people having the same problem. (Or maybe I just didn't look hard enough.) What do you reckon the problem is? v_v

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
The problem could be any number of things. You don't see similar threads because most people don't have this problem. :/ The problem could be the drivers, your hardware configuration, some update from Windows Update, etc.

Unfortunately, since you get the generic Windows error message, you can't really pinpoint the problem.

On a lighter note, you can always send an error report to Microsoft - hell, they're even giving you the option to do so directly from within Windows. It has to be a useful feature if Microsoft put it in, right?

Right?

Last edited:
OP
C

Coredo

Nolife
Yeah, formatting did the trick. I just hope whatever was wrong won't happen again. ^_^