What's new

Problems loading a rom...

iron~pen

So, I have everything set up as I'm under the impression that it needs to be. All my bios files are identified correctly, the GD-ROM is assigned to the correct virtual drive, but everytime I hit run, the window for demul just increases a little in width. I'm not very experianced with emulators, or much having to do with computers, and the only thing I could possibly see wrong is maybe demul doesn't recognize .cdi files.

Recommendations as to the problem and solution?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You can always try another emulator if one fails. Whether Demul will run a game depends on the game in question as well.

OP
I

iron~pen

The game is listed under Demul's combatibility list as being completely compatible.

And yeah, I've started looking into other software. One thing caught me off guard: in their read me file, nullDC comments on how you have dump the cd image onto a dummy disk to use it (I'm assuming this means cracking the rom to a disk like one would do to use software one found in the internet on an actual Dreamcast). Is the same thing required to run software through Demul?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
No. You can use mounted images just fine.

What the nullDC Readme says is that normal DVD-ROM drives cannot read genuine GD-ROM discs. So the only way to rip them to a playable from on an emulator is to dump the game image from the disc to your hard drive using special methods and tools. Then you can burn (if you really want to) this new image onto a CD-R and it will play just fine from a regular CD/DVD-ROM drive.

Last edited: